Discussion in 'Website Help' started by Spud, Feb 3, 2015.
How do I create a link to another thread when referring to it in my thread?
Click on the word 'Quote' which is at the bottom right of the thread you want to refer to. A new box will appear which shows the original thread. Then type your response AFTER the [/QUOTE] characters.
This will only work in the same thread. You have to do it in the thread you want to quote then copy it, go to the different thread then open a reply and paste the quote from the other thread in it.
Like this from the EHU thread:
To create a link to (rather than quote from) a thread.
1. Open the other thread in another tab/window.
2. Copy the thread URL (http://motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/word-association-5.15307/ in this case).
3. Type some text to describe your link and highlight it (HERE in this case).
4. Click on the chain symbol above.
5. Paste the thread URL and click insert (text has now turned blue).
It's the same method to link to any other URL.
This is a trial run of the above.
And thank you GJH for your simple and concise instructions.