Rally Chat Lincoln Show thanks (1 Viewer)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Yes.. thanks to everyone who made it a great weekend, Marshals, tea makers, bacon butty cookers and of course FUNSTERS.
Met a few newbies and first timers this weekend, hope they enjoyed it as much.
Fantastic weather as well..

Till the next time.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Just to add my thanks to all the organisers/marshals etc and to all those who donated gifts to the rally. I had a great time and the weather was a real bonus.

Hope to see you all again soon.

michpiggy

Free Member
Aug 8, 2015
West lancashire
Funster No
MH
Elddis advante 285
Exp
2 and 1/2 years of owning a motorhome.... 12 years owning a touring caravan
Thanks from us to
It was a great first rally for us
Hope to see you again in the future

Andy and Michelle x

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Jackie, @truffs, it was a pleasure being parked next to you, and hope we meet again, possibly at Peterborough or the female follow on meet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Fabulous weather and lovely people, thanks to all for making this another great FUN event. All of this topped with the unexpected flypast of the Spitfire and Hurricane followed by the Dakota.
DSCF4028sml.jpg
S0024045sml.jpg
S0034059sml.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
We too met friends old & new, but just reading this thread makes me realise how many were there but who we still haven't met. Ah well, there is always next year.

Many thanks to all concerned - especially to those doing all the unseen work behind the scenes. At the more visible end of things, thanks must go to the musicians, not only for entertaining us, but for their effect on recruitment. I have spoken to several members who said they joined because they saw (heard!) how much fun & partying was going on in the funsters area compared to the rest of the site. Not everyone who was parked in the overflow area last year right next to the marquee complained - some of them joined up & were in the marquee partying with us this year. (y)

There is something special about watching new members joining in with 'Alice' for the first time - grins don't get any wider as the realisation dawns! What would the grandchildren think?

nickbailey

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Leics
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Chieftain
Exp
since 2005
HI Funsters,
The Lincoln Show Finale was our first time with the Funsters and we cannot thank you enough for making us so welcome.
From the moment we arrived on the Friday till Sunday evening we felt so privileged to be part of such a fantastic group.
Can't wait to see you again.
Nick & Julie (the Bailey's)

Mike shelton

Free Member
Jan 3, 2015
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Had a great time terrific view of the spitfire. hurricane and the dakota. But irate that to know we have a thief in the club who stole my nearside milenco mirrow guard.
We belong to three clubs and this is the first time we have any thing stolen WHERE,S THE FUN IN THAT, DO WE HAVE TO CHAIN DOWN EVERYTHING.

Last edited:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Miffed that your accusations point towards a club member, when you don't know who took them. Problem is, they fit so many vans and are easily stolen. Tonka had his taken while his van was parked at home! And it is a public show, could have been anyone.
I have been camping with fun for over 6 years, have done many shows, and have Never heard of anything being stolen.

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Had a great time terrific view of the spitfire. hurricane and the dakota. But irate that to know we have a thief in the club who stole my nearside milenco mirrow guard.
We belong to three clubs and this is the first time we have any thing stolen WHERE,S THE FUN IN THAT, DO WE HAVE TO CHAIN DOWN EVERYTHING.

It's always dissapointing when something like this occurs @Mike shelton, though it is difficult to know how it is possible to prevent activity like this completely. Though in the Fun area, the toilets, showers and waste are accessible to all on the whole site, so it is always going to be a challenge to prevent access by those not with fun. Our area was largely unlit apart from some light from the adjacent trader area, again making it difficult to see strangers after dark.
We cannot have absolute security, it's both impractical and impossible.
I am sure if those around you had seen anyone tampering with your vehicle they would have been challenged. I did not know everyone adjacent to me personally, but I soon got to know their faces and who was in which van.
I too think it is unfair to immediately blame a Funster, and should you have more concrete information to support this we need to know this. If not, then perhaps you may wish to consider acknowledging it could have been anyone, even someone coming in from outside and not even camping at all.

michpiggy

Free Member
Aug 8, 2015
West lancashire
Funster No
MH
Elddis advante 285
Exp
2 and 1/2 years of owning a motorhome.... 12 years owning a touring caravan

Security stopped us to tell us there had been 3 generators and other items stolen on Friday night from all different areas of the show ground.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
I like to believe that we are among friends in this club and would never assume some one from this or any other club would steal from any one. But there are plenty of other people who will. Malvern was a good example of this!!!!!

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hopefully the incident described wasn't perpetrated by a Funster. Unfortunately, though, it seems that in any large gathering/club there is always a small element who will take from others and it is certainly upsetting when one is the victim.

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Apparently these things happen at big shows @Jim 's wife chased off a tea leaf at a show, last year, that was attempting to steal a genny from his trailer.

Unscrupulous characters know about these big shows and they know that they have entertainment at night. Autumn evenings are particularly attractive to these b@;€$%ds they probably book the show with only one thing in mind.

MHF self security patrol volunteers may be an answer.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Apparently these things happen at big shows @Jim 's wife chased off a tea leaf at a show, last year, that was attempting to steal a genny from his trailer.

Unscrupulous characters know about these big shows and they know that they have entertainment at night. Autumn evenings are particularly attractive to these b@;€$%ds they probably book the show with only one thing in mind.

MHF self security patrol volunteers may be an answer.

Thats nice of you to offer Bobby22 we will keep an eye out for you next year:)

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Thats nice of you to offer Bobby22 we will keep an eye out for you next year:)
If i caught thieves messing with my van, THEY would want to call the police.

I've never had a chance to get to a show......all the decent ones are too far south for us.......maybe part of a longer break one day.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back