Rally Chat Lincoln Show - Map & Marquee (1 Viewer)

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Tickets arrived, complete with showground map. I'm pleased to see that we are on the naughty step again - by which I mean that we are in an area on our own, well away from any sensitive souls who might want an early night. :D

It's the same place as last year, but last year's best laid plans fell down on two fronts. Firstly, the organisers filled in the area right next to ours with some general campers, who apparently weren't quite such party animals. The same area is again marked as not in use for camping, but we shall see. The other problem is that the marquee was sited very close the the boundary with the exhibition area. You would have thought that wouldn't cause any problem, but it turned out that some of the exhibitors were sleeping (or trying too!) in their stand space - possibly for security reasons.

@Jim both of these problems would be much reduced if the marquee was positioned at the north rather than the south side of our area - and possibly further to the east as well in case they need to use the overspill general camping area again. It may not pay to explain to the organisers exactly why we want the marquee in a different place, but I'm sure a move would help.

Some of our own members understandably also like a peaceful night & if you do, I would make a point of mentioning this the the marshals on arrival so they can direct you to a spot well clear of the marquee.

I note that there are only three clubs with enough members attending to warrant their own named map areas - C+CC, MCC & M'FUN. :whistle:

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Yes, agree the marquee was bang across from the exhibitors sleeping area, music was stopped suddenly when we thought we had a bit longer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back