Lincoln show help with sat dish (1 Viewer)

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Hi all ,

Several months ago I bought a cheap sat system from Aldi, I tried it on my old van but got no joy. That's because I'm thick when it comes to techie things. I will bring to Lincoln show and if any kind Funsters can show me what I'm supposed to do with it that would be great.

If we cannot get it to work we can either use it as a wok or have a giant frisbee competition. Cheers all

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Happy to help if I am there ( have family medical matter that's making it 50/50 as of today). But one think that will make life a lot easier.. If you have a friend / family with a set up sky system then connect the receiver to that dish first and download the channels for Astra 2.. If the receiver is pre-loaded thats half the job done and helps make it easier for next time..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Hi.

I've pulled my hair out over Sat TV :mad: In fact, I'm so p****d off with being the main entertainment on a campsite twizzling the dish to and fro that I'm thinking of buying an all-leaping/dancing system at the Lincoln Show.

Incidentally, there's a separate forum on here for Sat TV. Loads of techie bods on there to help you.
Assuming you've got all the kit that goes with it (like a receiver box, cables and plugs etc) it should work! The cheap systems normally work well.

It may be a question of acquiring the Satellite - easier said than done!:cry: Just remember to move the dish by TINY amounts. There's a free phone app called 'Dish Align' that's very good. In the absence of other 'vans, it tells you where to point the dish and gives other info. Even whistles when the direction is correct! Don't use it too close to the van though because proximity to vehicles throws it off.

Someone will sort it all out for you at Lincoln. If you fancy playing before, just take it out into the garden on the QT.

Good luck

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
One reason why I pushed the boat out and got a roadpro dome which is self seeking. Fitted by Phil of Rhino Installs. Not at all cheap but a great bit of kit (we don't go to Spain, so no issues with the signal coverage)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the aldi tuner box is excellent, but is let down by a poor dish and LNB (the electrical bit on the dish)

dont go expecting too much from it though and it will be a nice surprise. like getting the foreign sports channels for free etc

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
If you see me at Lincoln grab hold and take me to the problem problem !!
I shall make sure I have my own tuner to hand

OP
OP
Daz n Tina
Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Thank you all. I have a avtex TV with built in decoder (I think). You will spot me easy enough I will be the one holding a beer leaning on my potential frisbee which is on a yellow three legged stand. Beer and swear box supplied.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I'll bring my spare decoder with me as well someone may buy it(y). You should be easy to find just follow the whine of the sat finder:LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back