Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jim submitted a new item into the Link Removed

Lincoln Leisure Vehicles
Quality, Affordable Motorhomes For Sale & Caravans For Sale at Lincoln Leisure Vehicles on Tritton Road Lincoln. Call 01522 690010

Link Removed

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
Although this dealer is a 400 mile round trip away from us in Kent, we wanted a particular layout and size of van. Lincoln Leisure had one, albeit a little above our budget, so we travelled up for a look............and bought it.

We bought it because it was exactly what we wanted and in good condition and because we liked the owners, Gary and Steve. They agreed to carry out some minor remedial work, before we picked it up four very long weeks later. The purchase process was very pleasant and quality of service was superb. We felt like VIP's!

They provide their own comprehensive warranty (because their previous insurers always tried to avoid paying out) and a leaking marker light on the rear of the van and related damage, after we got it home, has been sorted without hesitation.

We can thoroughly recommend them (y)

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
We're looking for new van and went to Alan Kerr Paignton to view but after appraisal on ours we ended up arguing over £3k, soooo, we went higher and offered another £1500 but no, they still arguing over £500!!!!!
And won't do sale over £500.
What if we traveled to further afield and after appraisal had same problems???

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
We're looking for new van and went to Alan Kerr Paignton to view but after appraisal on ours we ended up arguing over £3k, soooo, we went higher and offered another £1500 but no, they still arguing over £500!!!!!

That's always the risk you take when looking far away. On all our vans we negotiated a lower price and I would be disappointed if we hadn't. But you have to be prepared to walk away if it's not working out. One salesman told me, "I'm going to offer you a deal and that will be the final price. I won't go any lower and if you walk away, that's fine but, please understand that I won't run after you. There is always someone out there who will pay that price." We accepted his 'final offer' and bought the van. As we left a couple walked in, we had seen them before, intending to buy the same van. He was right!

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
We travelled to Lincoln to get our van, tbh I'd have paid advertised price as it was the cheapest we had seen, in better condition than others and just what we wanted, not many around at the time at a similar price most were 15-20% more. Did my homework on history of vehicle and booked a visit. Still didn't stop me haggling down and getting some extras included. Could I have negotiated harder yes I could but was happy with the end deal. Suppose had there been others around I was interested in might have been haggling harder. If it feels right and you are happy go for it. Whats £500 at the end of the day on what is an expensive purchase.

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
Thanks for replies.
Yeh I know that's right but it leaves a bad taste if you feel your being ripped off.
They said the work on our van would cost 3k, but we had second opinion who quoted £800!!
But in the end we went up the 3k and they still wouldn't do deal over £500!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016

It works two ways, they are sat in the office saying you walked away from the van you want, all because you wanted to argue over £500. :)

My advice to anyone buying a large capital purchase is to do your research, decide on the exact make, model and minimum specification you want and then reverse sell to the dealer. By that I mean you need to think of all the benefits that the dealer will enjoy by selling to you and make a strong sales pitch to the salesperson to get the deal you want. The fact you have done the research and pulled together a pitch helps remove your emotion from doing the deal, leaving you able to deflect the sales patter from the rep trying to sell you a dream and keeps everything on your terms! :)

We bought a brand new Motorhome last year. I worked out my reverse sales pitch and went and sat down with the sales rep and took them through both the concept of the deal and the benefits to them as a dealer and then explained how I had calculated the price I was prepared to pay. I also gave them a pack with the headlines of the deal so they could refer to it after I had left. I never expect an instant answer as most times the deal is way outside of the financial limits of a sales rep so they will need time to talk to the right people to get authorisation. Five hours later I received a phone call with the news that the deal was agreed at my offer price. I then made sure that everything I promised was completed to the letter.
To most people it would seem way over the top, to me it enabled us to buy a brand new Motorhome at nearing 30% off the list price. (y)

The last bit of advice I would give is always be prepared to walk away and not go back. There is a huge difference between structured buying and unstructured haggling. If you haggle, I will put money on the fact you will always pay more in the long run. :(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back