Lincoln 'Entertainment' (1 Viewer)

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
We thought Tarbuck and Lynch were OK, the Morecambe and Wise act were dire, Doctor and the Medics we really enjoyed, the Cufflinks were reasonably good and Modest weren't bad. Try getting a ticket for a top act nowadays for less than £50 and you'll be very lucky. You get what you pay for and £15 (pay in advance) isn't a lot in the great scheme of things.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well you know what they say 'if you buy a cheap chair don't let a fat man sit on it'

I'm sure 'Odd Job' can fjx it.
But as you said a great night had by all.

Already a done deal Dazza.. Stainless steel replacements for both sides !

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
There's some chair related hilarity that I clearly missed here!

Yesssss... he of the far from sylph like proportions managed to rend a 1/4" steel rivet apart !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

StanandShirley

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Chatteris Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Titanium 640
Exp
four years
Going against the grain here Kenny and Tarbie were good great to see a couple of older stars who still shine. Didn't like the Hermets but many did Doctor and his young guitarist was good entertainment, wish I could still jump around like him. The entertainment over the weekend apart from Saturday in the main tent was free and if you didn't like an act you have the choice to leave. Rock on 2017

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
Never been a great fan of Tarby but was quite impressed. Thought Kenny Lynch was really good too. Eric and little Ern were good impressionists but it's just not funny anymore. Dr. and the Medics, not my cup of tea. Everyone has different tastes and I think £15 was a fair price.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I enjoyed listening to Darren Busby on Thursday, My kind of music. The Cuff-links did a decent set or two, including an a capella version of "After the Gold Rush" (Neil Young). As for Tarby & Lynch, seen them both more times than I can remember, over the years, so didn't bother. His (Tarby`s) Daughter (Lisa) went to a School near Weybridge, I used to Visit. It was alleged she hoisted a Teachers "Draws" up the flagpole, and nearly got sacked for it!.

Bigest issue for us is that SWMBO, can no longer sit through a whole evening, we we always leave early anyway, so have to get "picky".

Pete

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
To be honest I have no real complaint about any of the entertainment, yes not all of it was to my tastes, but where else would you get a big weekend for the kind of money we paid.

Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp
To be honest I have no real complaint about any of the entertainment, yes not all of it was to my tastes, but where else would you get a big weekend for the kind of money we paid.
Spot on, we went to the Friday nights entertainment in the main marquee and only went to see the first band which was our kind of music, get the old legs moving thing.
The strange thing, which we both though was great and a pleasure to see was the guy on our table get up, with difficulty,and a walking stick and dance with his wife.
We left after that and went into the fun marquee which I've had my rant on the Lincoln thread.
We had seen what was on offer from Warners on Saturday and decided not for us and enjoyed the great evenings entertainment in the fun marquee.
Ray

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Having never been a fan, I thought Tarbuck was very good. It may have been because the act before, Eric & Little Ern, were so awful and not funny, but I laughed a lot at Tarby. Dr & the Medics were a competent band and got lots dancing, the same for Hermans Hermits... but not speciaL.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back