Lille France camping site advice please! (1 Viewer)

atlantisbird

Free Member
Mar 26, 2012
Near Bridlington
Funster No
MH
New Bentley C Class
Exp
since 2012 in own van
Hello all,
Does anyone know of a good camp site in Lille, France near to (very important) the tramways or bus to take us into the centre then out to Croise' Laroche. For a visit to the hospital there and to get the old hip joint back?
Scrap man needs some more metal:ROFLMAO:
Any help please.
Kind regards
Atlantisbird
Ann & Harry

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hello all,
Does anyone know of a good camp site in Lille, France near to (very important) the tramways or bus to take us into the centre then out to Croise' Laroche. For a visit to the hospital there and to get the old hip joint back?
Scrap man needs some more metal:ROFLMAO:
Any help please.
Kind regards
Atlantisbird
Ann & Harry

Ok if no one answers with a proper experience of any camp site in the area then I will phone to the mairie or the Syndicat d'initiative to give you a few names hopefully !

You can either bump the thread or PM me !

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
atlantisbird

atlantisbird

Free Member
Mar 26, 2012
Near Bridlington
Funster No
MH
New Bentley C Class
Exp
since 2012 in own van
Parking in or near Lille France.

Thank you Frankie and Brian,

I only need to be there so that I can get the surgeon and x-rays sorted out but was not aware it was a high crime rate area and in that case I would prefer to stop away from trouble spots and am pleased I put this on FUN to ask. The hospital and surgeon are in the north of the city near MARCQ en BAROEUL (croise LAROCHE). The appointments should be finished for 2.0pm and then we are off towards Poland so if it is dangerous to stop we can drive toward Germany and possibly would like to go without toll roads if possible.
As this is the first time we will be taking a trip to Europe in the MH I am hoping it will be a good experience.

We will be there on the 25th July and if anyone knows where we can stay or park it will really help us.

I do not know if there is anywhere near to park a 6 metre motorhome and I don't mind paying for the privilege but as we have never been we will soon find out.

Kindest regards
Atlantisbird
Ann & Harry

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
So you missed the posts on gangs operating around Lille.

Looks like you you missed the posts of thugs targeting ATMs in Poland.

It's going to be an exciting trip.

But don't worry about it, it always happens to Someone Else.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Brian,
Your full of :
Good news!

Atlantisbird
Harry

I'd be distraught if I read that your MH had been emptied in Lille then you got mugged by a huge Pole at an ATM machine in Poland and I'd not warned you.

I've done my FUN duty. Just use the search engine and read Jim's book on MH security.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
What if the hospital has à large parking and allows you to park there? Would this suits you or do you really need camp site? It it s ok for you then i can phone the hospital and ask if it s possible

What do you think?

OP
OP
atlantisbird

atlantisbird

Free Member
Mar 26, 2012
Near Bridlington
Funster No
MH
New Bentley C Class
Exp
since 2012 in own van
Hello Frankie,
Thank you for your help but we have been to the hospital in a taxi car last time and there was not enough room for even the taxi plus we did not see any of the nearby streets as the taxi took us back to the Eurostar, it is such a tiny parking area but it is possible that the building work will be finished and a larger car parking is available. The surrounding area was full of contractors and the road was under repair and also there was major building works on the hospital. It is just that we are unsure if we can get parked anywhere near with the motorhome and also not sure if there is any restrictions of parking for such as us who have to go to the hospital. That is why we were asking for safe place to stop and possibly stay overnight so we could use the tram which was very good on one of our trips to see the surgeon.
I am hoping that there is a street near to the hospital where we can leave it for an hour or two and we can walk to the hospital. If Brian Hilldweller is right we would not like to stay where we could be targeted.
Kindest regards
Atlantisbird
Ann & Harry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back