Free Member
Feb 20, 2015
Luton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Start tomorrow!
Good afternoon all. As you may have guessed from the title, I pick up my first m/h tomorrow. It's been a dream of mine for a while now and it is finally happening.
Needless to say, we are staying out in it tomorrow night and have already got a trip planned for Easter. I am sure I will have loads of questions for you all by Monday so excuse the stupid ones, and please be gentle with me!

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Good afternoon all. As you may have guessed from the title, I pick up my first m/h tomorrow. It's been a dream of mine for a while now and it is finally happening.
Needless to say, we are staying out in it tomorrow night and have already got a trip planned for Easter. I am sure I will have loads of questions for you all by Monday so excuse the stupid ones, and please be gentle with me!

A monstrous Welcome from Wales(y). If you have questions this is the place to come. There are real 'experts' in all manner of different areas. Sadly I am not one of them but ask away................on Fun you will receive an answer I guarantee it!(y)
And good luck tomorrow and enjoy!:D

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
HI and Welcome from West Dorset

PS wot MH are you getting?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

calion

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
Congrats on your new purchase, you will love it! Have just asked a really stupid question myself, so you won't be alone!!!! :)

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Congrats on your new purchase, you will love it! Have just asked a really stupid question myself, so you won't be alone!!!! :)

And I wish I could help Cal but have no knowledge. You may have to wait until the workers get home this evening.
Edited to add.I have a teensy weensy bit of knowledge just not on your vehicle:D

OP
OP
P

Posh Iron

Free Member
Feb 20, 2015
Luton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Start tomorrow!
HI and Welcome from West Dorset

PS wot MH are you getting?
Compass Avantgarde 145 (2009) It had the right layout for us, reasonably low mileage and in great nick.

Jan 29, 2015
shropshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2014
Hello and welcome from a fellow newbie. This might be a silly question but we have an Eldiss Autoquest 145 and looking at the pictures of the Compass Avantgarde 145 it is exactly the same even down to the upholstery - am I stating the obvious here or are they different manufacturers!

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Hi and Welcome from South Glos. Enjoy collecting your motorhome tomorrow. :smiley:

Apr 30, 2012
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Exec
Exp
Since 2012
Hi and welcome from Hampshire. You've done two great things ... joined MHF and ... bought a motorhome (y) Good luck tomorrow, you'll try to remember everything they tell you in the handover, then come on this forum and ask about that which you've forgotten! ;) It's just the way it happens. :) Enjoy!:clap2:

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few times😉
Hi and welcome from another newbie:coolest:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello welcome to the wonderful world of motorhoming , ask any questions you want that is what we are here for. :welc:

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Posh Iron, Welcome.

Well done. Nice van and great layout. Hope you have many happy miles in her. A few pics (when you have them) always goes down well on here.

@M & M Yes, they are virtually the same as your 145. A bit of badge engineering is the only difference. Elddis make a range of caravans called Compass, Buccaneer, etc and their own brand name. Guess this was the same in the Motorhome era.

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hello and welcome from a fellow newbie. This might be a silly question but we have an Eldiss Autoquest 145 and looking at the pictures of the Compass Avantgarde 145 it is exactly the same even down to the upholstery - am I stating the obvious here or are they different manufacturers!

Virtually same just different marque. We had an Avantgarde 400 from new, lovely van.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
hello head duck.jpg

Hello and

welcome.jpg

we like questions, ask away. You will get answers. Some might be sensible, some may even be useful!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
When you pick up your n take a note book and camera. Ask them to repeat anything you need to see again. :) I got the people we bought ours from to show me how to take out and replace the cassette three times!

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi posh iron,
Welcome from the Isle of Wight, I remember our first m/h & how exciting it was, we had borrowed & hired m/h's before, so decided to try to selfbuild our 1st, did a so/so job on it but soon needed a better one, now on our 10th, it's addictive ( a bit like this website FUN)
Have Fun , ask away with questions sure you will get loads of help !! and a few odd jokey replies in good fun
Terry FIDGET

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi Posh iron,
I remember that feeling soooo well :)
I hope you enjoy your new toy.
As has been said, there are no stupid questions so ask away
By the way :welc:

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi there congrats on your purchase (y) exciting times ahead.and welcome to MHF(y)
Brian & Jo

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi :)

Hope handover went well and you are tucked up for the night somewhere, surrounded by bits of paper and instructions for this that and the other:rolleyes:

Exciting times ahead:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back