Lightweight gas cannisters enquiry (1 Viewer)

debdabble

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
very new to us
Still in the process of learning about the essentials on our van. We got the heating on last week - thank heavens, but the gas is running low so we are going to top our LPG cannister at the weekend and we also have a normal Calor gas cannister that needs swapping for a new one. We have been advised the new lightweight (steel, I believe) are good, but are they legal abroad, as that is where we are intending to spend most of our time eventually?:Smile:

Thanks,

Debbie

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi Debbie

I assume from what you say you already have a refillable cylinder (eg Gaslow / Gasit / Alugas). If so, and as you intend to stay in mainland Europe most of the time eventually, I'm puzzled as to why you are wanting to take a UK specific cylinder with you? :Blush:

Even now, if you intend to spend a fair bit of time abroad, you might be better getting a cylinder from the country you're going to as they are much cheaper and obviously you then have the ability to swap it for another when it is empty, something which you cannot do with a UK Calor etc type bottle.

We have a refillable Gaslow 11kg bottle and just top it up when it needs it in mainland Europe.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back