Nov 10, 2014
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2002
Can anyone help with two issues please: My van is a Hymer B544 SL 2007

First one is that the Daytime running light bulb needs replacing. The Hymer manual states that these bulbs are changed from the engine compartment. I can't see that there is enough room to access the rear of the unit to turn the lamp holder. If I have got this wrong then I will persevere but is taking the whole unit out the only other option? Also is it worthwhile putting a lower wattage bulb in as a replacement?

The second relates to the location of the lower marker lights fuse. One of the lights was not working so dismantled the holder and and replaced with a new bulb. It did not seem a good fit and when trying to make a good contact all the other marker light went off ?fuse blown.

Many thanks,
Jack.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I have a 2007 Hymer S class, but probably same lights, the DRL's are 21W standard bulbs and get very hot, I have just bought LED replacements but not fitted them yet, but I did change like for like last year without too much trouble (y)

Not really sure why there should be too much difference other than our 07 MH was registered in 09, maybe your 07 registered is actually older and therefore different to mine :)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I thought it was also impossible to change the dip beam lamp from under the bonnet..

older model than yours, so probably different.. you need to be a contortionist to do it.. but it's doable

I also changed a driving lamp from behind the wheel arch liner.. had to undo a few screws and pull it back..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 11, 2013
England
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 1990
I had a Hymer B654SL 2008 and found it easier to remove the unit and replace the 21W bulbs with LED bulbs.

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
You need to be a contortionist to carry out any work under the bonnet on mine.
Just topping up the screen wash or the AdBlue is difficult.
Stef.

WAG2CRU

Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012
I have just changed a DLR on our 2012 B654SL, I tried removing the headlamp unit but as the nuts are not captive, you need to get a spanner into the top corner, as I was trying this, I managed to get into a position where I could twist and remove the bulb holder.
It is just as difficult and takes longer to remove the unit. If you get the right position you can access the bulb holder, replacing it is easier if you have someone to look at the front to align the tabs, you cant see it from the position you need to adopt.

OP
OP
S
Nov 10, 2014
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2002
Thanks for the replies. I take on board the comment that taking the headlight unit out is just as fiddly so I will give a go at being a contortionist! Can you give me the link or the name of the company where the appropriate LED bulbs can be purchased as that seems perhaps a better idea than replacing the original with a 10w bulb. Many thanks.

p.s. Anyone have any ideas about where to locate the 12v fuse I mentioned.

WAG2CRU

Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012
The marker lights on ours are encapsulated, the bulbs are bonded into the light unit so you have to change the unit, if they are fused, I would think it would be to one of the fiat lighting circuit's probably side lights so, the fuse will be in the fiat fuse box on the right hand side of the steering column, I will have a look at mine when the wind and rain subside:whistle:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I just went I to my local motor factors for the lights, cost less than £10 for the pair, but they are still sat on the passenger seat waiting to change when I remember, so cant comment on the quality

OP
OP
S
Nov 10, 2014
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2002
Update: Success, both DLR bulbs replaced without too much difficulty, once you have mastered the 'knack'. If it is of any help to others I found sliding your arm through and between the end of the engine bay aperture and the vertical mettle bar which has the bonnet gas strut attached, gave me plenty of room to reach and turn the bulb holder.

Ddfh123

Free Member
Nov 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
HYMER mil 580 4x4
Exp
4 years
Can anyone advise how to replace a faulty internal spotlight in a Hymer mil 580

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun