Lidl Batery charger

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Terry, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Terry

Terry Funster

Don't know if anyone is interested but they are on offer again on thursday -- 3 stage similar to CTEK but one third price :thumb:

Lidl Online
    terry

2. American Dream

American Dream Read Only Funster

Cheers Terry,

Any idea on the charge rate?

The DUCK on special looks nice.[​IMG] £5.99 :BigGrin:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  3. andyman

andyman Read Only Funster

4 Amps

4. American Dream

Thanks Andy.

Do you have one?Is it ok to leave it on the battery for a day or so?

I tend to float charge my batteries every week or so over the winter to keep them topped up.

5. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I've got one and use it to charge the vehicle battery every now and then during the winter months if the van isn't used for a while. Usually leave it on overnight. Works fine.

Graham

6. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi Steve I have one and leave it on for a few weeks at a time :thumb: it goes into a top up/trickle mode,also got 1 from aldi basicaly the same the only problem I find is if unpluged you have to press the button :Rofl1: Best small battery charger's ever :thumb:
    terry
    edit- thinking I may put one in next conversion instead of the £100 odd quider I have in mine,keeps 135 am hr topped up no probs

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  7. American Dream

Cheers Terry,

Might just pop in there Thursday.:thumb:

8. Rosemary

Rosemary Read Only Funster

Headlight Bulbs

Hi

Their headlight bulbs are also on offer from Thursday - a fraction of the cost paid at motoring shops!

Rosemary:Smile:

9. Terry

Terry Funster

heres the tecky stuff attached :thumb::BigGrin: hope you can read it :Rofl1:
    terry

Attached Files:

10. American Dream

Cheers Terry.Looks like it'll do the job for me.:thumb:

11. Diabalo

Diabalo Funster

Is there any reason why I shouldn't fit one of these permantly? My battery is under the floor and I have to take the carpet up and then the access panel, I was thinking about replacing the crocodile clips with terminals and bolting them directly to the battery, fixing the charger somewhere and then I would just need to plug in the mains when needed.

12. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

Hi Dane, on my charger I fitted a plug that goes in the cigarette lighter, and we have a socket on the leisure batteries, and just plug into that, if the van battery gets low I plug into the one on the dash, but make sure its live without the key turned one click.:BigGrin:

I could not see the link for the charger.:Doh:

But we have one of these:

Buy 12 Amp 12 Volt Automatic Battery Charger. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .

Its bigger I have worked that out,:Rofl1: but works well and tells you when its charged, and cuts off when fully charged.:Smile:

And this:12v cig socket extension auxilary accessory socket on eBay, also, Accessories, Campers, Caravans Motorhomes, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 19-Nov-08 19:05:03 GMT)

Nice meeting you both at Billing. :thumb: Bob.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  13. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Hi

I see no practical reason why not, it's safer than using croc clips, but a couple of things to bear in mind.

1. When not plugged into the mains the charger may draw a very small current out of the battery.

2. Some auto chargers don't 'reset' unless disconnected from the battery before connecting the mains.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  14. Diabalo

Diabalo Funster

Thats a good idea Bob with the socket it will allow me to unplug it

If your are right Jim leaving it permantly connected with a small drain will be defeating the object. I will connect it with a volt meter in line without plugging into the mains and see if there is a draw. The onboard habitation charger is permantly connected and does not draw any current perhaps there is a relay somewhere.

15. buccaneer

buccaneer Read Only Funster

Is there any reason why I shouldn't fit one of these permantly? My battery is under the floor and I have to take the carpet up and then the access panel, I was thinking about replacing the crocodile clips with terminals and bolting them directly to the battery, fixing the charger somewhere and then I would just need to plug in the mains when needed.

Currently makro have an offer on a conditioning charger that can be left permanently on, it comes with croc leads and a connection with eyelets these go to a small box with leds on and then has a plug inline to the mains plug.

I will fit this unit to the under floor starter battery and fix the small black box then when I am on hookup will plug the unit into the vans 240v system to charge the starter battery.

At the moment its £7.99 plus VAT.

16. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi buccaneer,Not sure which B/C you are refering to at £7.99 pus but you can leave the Tronnic one on all the time.The only thing is if the power gets cut off you have to press the button 3 times for full charge then it settles down to a trikle (3 stage):thumb: then forget it :thumb:
    terry