Sep 27, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 649C Class
Exp
Since 24th March 2010
Currently away in motorhome....

Ive just been told off by misses for licking my plate. It was one of the best curries id ever made. I honestly cant see the problem with this as it saves any food gunk going through sink and pipes etc. i think i upset her more when i licked her plate as well..:shout:

I mean, its not as if i lick them then put them straight back away!! I do give them a rinse as well :Eeek:

Do we have any other plate lickers on here? Do we have hard core lickers who extend this to the pan as well? I might have to wait for her to go to bed before trying that one! Should i in future pretend to wash them in toilet sink so i can lick them clean in secret!!:Doh:

At least im not wasting food!!

Thoughts please

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I`m a finger man... (Nose gets in the way of Licking.. :Sad:) I make sure I have licked me finger clean first... :winky:

Perhaps your misses is a secret licker, and begrudges you getting her perks... :thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
thumbs up for plate licking .
bit harder on deep dishes .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
themountaintiger

themountaintiger

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 24th March 2010
I`m a finger man... (Nose gets in the way of Licking.. :Sad:) I make sure I have licked me finger clean first... :winky:

Perhaps your misses is a secret licker, and begrudges you getting her perks... :thumb:

I wish! But no she is definitely not a secret licker!:Eeek:

Now finger licking... Hmm! Wonder if thats more discrete? Better for the pan though...

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
The only time the dog licks the plate is if my back is turned and the thieving little toe rag (cocker spaniel - greediest dog in Christendom) gets in there first. He then has a Sally Bercow "innocent face" so you just know he did it. He pinched Dawn's lunch today after she left it a bit too close to the edge of the work top.

We are naan bread wipers (that sounds disgusting) or if feeling über posh, French bread dippers.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Yup, really good food DOES require the plate to be licked clean :Smile:

But........... I have to use ALL my willpower not to do it in a restaurant :Eeek:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i use a soft brush and soapy water because i dont fancy licking dead flies and road debris :Eeek:

now cleaning the bowls after a curry is a job best done with a peshwari nan bread or a garlic one. anything left the dogs chase me to the kitchen for. better than a prewash

Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Plate licker & finger licker here , I do have a bit of competition at home , the cat. She hangs aound waiting for me to finish because she knows its her turn next . If she can get there first she will but must say I always win much to her annoyance . No one one outside the home knows I do this , so I've just outed myself OMG

OP
OP
themountaintiger

themountaintiger

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 24th March 2010
Plate licker & finger licker here , I do have a bit of competition at home , the cat. She hangs aound waiting for me to finish because she knows its her turn next . If she can get there first she will but must say I always win much to her annoyance . No one one outside the home knows I do this , so I've just outed myself OMG

Just think of the therapy, now that you have outed yourself! Perhaps go the whole hog, take a lickable plate outside, shout out loud 'im a plate licker' (like the braveheart Shouting freedom) wait for neighbours to come outside and give the plate a real good seeing to!!

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
After one of the wife's Sunday dinners licking the gravy off the plate is mandatory.
I believe she would be insulted if I didn't.
Poor dog knows it is a waste of his time sitting waiting to lick my plate.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Me too :thumb:

Woman is for ever berating me for doing it in the van in case someone sees me !! ( Like a give a flying foofoo !!!! :ROFLMAO: )

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Nothing better than having the gravy and mint sauce left after roast lamb :thumb:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
My mate went to the corner shop today and quickly returned telling me he heard screaming from the shop so we both rushed down there a bit sharpish.The door was locked and we could hear a girl screaming and shouting so we kicked the door in.He had her in the back room and was licking her all over so we done a citizens arrest and held him there till the police arrived,the filthy git.Anyway it turns out he was known to them and was taken straight into custody charged without holding a licker licence.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Of course I love some fresh bread dipped in any sauce left in my plate , but as I am counting all the calories (I'm trying to make some room for summer time as I know I'm going to be overfed/overfeeed myself) I can't even think of bread , the thought of it makes me put on weight straight away:Eeek:
But even if I've done the job with a bit of bread , I am never satisfied with the result , and have to stick out my tongue!:Blush:

YES I am a plate licker, and use my finger too.... anything that works to get every single bit which is left in my plate. :Blush::Blush: I hide from JJ who always find something to say about it:RollEyes::RollEyes: I hide from the babies as well ...don't want to be responsible for any bad habit:Doh:.... and from my parents of course who shout straight away ...OHOoooo Françoise , did we brought you up without any manners?....:Blush: Errrrr... and as I love being reactive to any rule I go away whisling:whistle::whistle: which has always been totally forbidden by my dad ..... As you might know : GIRLS don't whistle! yeah right!!:Tongue1::Tongue1:

I am a good little french soldier.... I love breaking the rules... it's so much more exciting::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Frankie:winky:

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I have just finished eating some beans on toast (I do love 'em) and licked the plate clean :Smile:

Then I realised it has little to do with 'really good food' or just 'making the washing easier'

It's something I have always done :Blush: so I guess at 55 I'm not gonna stop now :RollEyes:

Yes....................

I AM A PLATE LICKER AND OUT AND PROUD :shout:

There we are then, now I am 'out' I can lick my plate clean and not feel bad about it ::bigsmile:

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I see plate licking as a right of passage for us menfolk and it's the women that at fault for actually trying to prevent their men from completing the most basic of manly functions and that's to lick the plate clean....it's a must do and they need to understand that too:winky:

It sits there with the need to manly release wind, while leaning to one side and pulling a face while we do it, the right to scratch our dangly bits, regardless of where we are, even in Tesco's, the right to attempt to put together flat packed bedroom furniture, without reading the instruction manual and then feel proud that we've completed it all and managed to save those 10 items that we have left over, the right to read manuals on car engines and go oooooooh when a steam train or classic car happens to drive past and why we like to look at old Peters engines at summer fates, when all they do is pump water from one rusty bucket to another and then back again and lastly, why it's only us men that can actually start the old petrol mower::bigsmile:

Gents we need to train our women so they understand the need to lick our plates clean after every meal. Let's not be closet lickers, let's all come out together and overwhelm them all in our unity........damp it she's seen the post, now I'm in trouble:thumb:

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
It's a strange day when plate lickers get more interest than illegal bog dumpers

I'm a plate licker and a bog dumper :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

(I guess we are all a little bit bored today with too much time on our hands :RollEyes:) My excuse ?...........I'm on night shift :Sad:

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Plate lickers

When I was a young kid back in the fifties, both me and my dad used to lick the plates clean after our Sunday dinner. But....the whole school stayed for school dinners where we lived and one day, at the end of a particularly appetising meal (hard though that is to believe!) I absent-mindedly picked my plate up and licked it. This did not go unnoticed by my fellow diners, nor, sadly, by the duty teacher, who made me an appointment with Percy, the headmaster's stick. He called it Percy as that was short for Percywader...and that was the end of my public plate licking career. Haven't licked a plate for years, but you have got me thinking now!

Gary ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back