cherok

Free Member
Jun 28, 2009
Wales
Funster No
Exp
Months
Hi Everyone

I am planning a route to Le Marche in August and fancy going through Luxembourg/Germany/Switzerland and then via the Lakes and on down.

My question is, has anyone ever stayed in Lichtenstein? It has caught my eye and I fancy staying a couple of nights there (I believe there is only 1 decent site.)

Would it be feasible to detour through there? Having never been, I wonder if it's best to stick close to the autoroute and stay in Germany.....

We only have 3 weeks so don't want to make it too difficult for ourselves.

Any help or advice appreciated as it will be our first really big trip other than in France which we are very familiar with.

Thank You:Smile:
Tracy.

ArenqueRojo

Free Member
Nov 10, 2008
Anywhere in Europe, so fa
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
13 years
We called in there last June but found it very dull.:cry: We went to Mittagspitz but the site is steeply terraced and with poor access so we didn't stop and went back to Switzerland.
At least we had a look:Eeek:
Patrick

OP
OP
C

cherok

Free Member
Jun 28, 2009
Wales
Funster No
Exp
Months
Great thank you!

That's the site we were going to book in at but sounds like it might not be worth the hassle.

Stick to Switzerland I think.

Cheers:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We only have 3 weeks so don't want to make it too difficult for ourselves. Tracy.

I think you said it all there. It's so easy to want to do everything and return with the immortal words "We're back, we need a holiday to recover". A MH encourages us to just rush around, some might like that, but there's a lot out there that deserves more.

So you can see that I've seen the light in this thread

Link Removed

where we all seem settled on 10 days in one spot and do the area justice. It's a dead easy route we are following, similar to yours but no Germany.

OP
OP
C

cherok

Free Member
Jun 28, 2009
Wales
Funster No
Exp
Months
Yes, I think you are quite right Brian.

We had the motorhome to slow ourselves down really and have stuck to our guns in that we only take our bikes with us...if we can't cycle or walk then we don't do it.

It has been a revelation to us because in the past we have always spent most of our hols haring around trying to get to see and do it all (my fault every time)....and have definitely always felt like we needed another couple of weeks holiday.

Going to listen to advice and keep it simple.

We would love to join you all on your trip but we are still at the time of our lives when we need to go in school hols (and pay the price):cry:

Maybe some time in the future!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We had the motorhome to slow ourselves down really and have stuck to our guns in that we only take our bikes with us...if we can't cycle or walk then we don't do it.

I'm not proposing that. From Peschiera we'll definitely be visiting Verona, probably Venice. Italian trains work and cost little off peak. Then there are the other towns to visit by boat.

What I am avoiding is Plan A which was to visit Etna. OK a great place to visit but the ratio of driving to holidaying would have been poor. We "did" Morocco this year what would have been a good long holiday drive was just to get to the port where the "holiday" was to begin. Then for 3 weeks the longest stop was 3 days. It was an "adventure" not a "holiday".

I think your destination, which is a lovely coast, is a good distance for "holiday". We loved Rimini/Riccioni when we did it by bike a few years ago, it's where the Italians go to play, full of life, style. We did the route I suggest Florence, Rome over the hills to the east coast then up. To stand in the old forum of Rome and look what they built 2000 years ago is quite mind bending.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back