Licence renewel (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
We are looking at going away probably to France at end of August and coming back 1st week of October. My problem is I am 70 on 16th October and need to apply for my C1 category on my licence. Do I put the application in before we go or do I wait until we come back. If I put it in before we go I will have to hope there are no problems which I won't be able to deal with. Any advice please !

Spongy

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Do it now, I've been fighting the bar stewards since last Oct!

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
One complication is that to apply you may need to send your existing licence, depending on age of photo, with the renewal and you could need that on your trip to France.
You can apply up to 90 days in advance of expiry but that doesn't mean you will get the new one back before expiry.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
May be a problem in that they would not accept my application without returning my old licence, if you are going to France you will need it with you.

Might be worth an email to DVLA to check.

@Larrynwin beat me to it.

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Mr Hils is in the same situation. His birthday is June and he has already applied for his licence. But that means we can't go abroad at the moment because he has sent his licence off to DVLA.
I think you would be better to wait till you get back home. When your licence has been sent off to the DVLA you are ok to drive in the UK.

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
Am watching this with some interest as, although not going abroad, I am also 70 on the 16th of October and already have my medical planned for late August or very early September as we do not intend being away anywhere while the little people are not contained (in school).

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I shouldn't be saying this but......
You could apply for a replacement licence on the basis you have lost it. Then you have your original lost copy which could turn up in your van while you are away if needed and your new one to submit with your renewal application.

Nice one (y)

OP
OP

Deleted User
Am watching this with some interest as, although not going abroad, I am also 70 on the 16th of October and already have my medical planned for late August or very early September as we do not intend being away anywhere while the little people are not contained (in school).

Hi Phil.
I always new I had a twin out there somewhere. A little way ahead but I hope you have a great day.

Spongy

Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
on and off since 1980
I shouldn't be saying this but......
You could apply for a replacement licence on the basis you have lost it. Then you have your original lost copy which could turn up in your van while you are away if needed and your new one to submit with your renewal application.

It also gives details of what classes of vehicle you can drive if DVLA cock up.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back