LHD vans ... cheaper in the UK or dearer? (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Someone suggested that used LHD vans were dearer in the UK than RHD. It could have been tongue-in-cheek, but it set me wondering. Not that I have any intention of buying ....

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
A LHD vehicle if sold here in the UK must surely be just that bit less desirable. Especially if its primary use is here in the UK.
But for use mainly in Europe and a Motor Home there cant be much in it..

Many say they dont worry about LHD here in the UK but for me it would only appeal if the vehicle was cheaper.

I understand fully when those that own them say they have no problems driving them. But I have absolutely no problems driving my RHD van over in Europe. None whatsoever in fact I would say I'm happier in my accustomed position on the right.

Selling a vehicle in the UK will attract less buyers and so the prices must be lower.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
If you prefer a continental van anyway, one of the main points is that you have much much more choice of what you can buy and p/ex is easier. incidentally the layouts tend to work better in the way that they were designed.

Ther are some LHD swifts around , they are probably worth less than a rhd because the market for them is so limited.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Perhaps the Eastern europeans would be interested in a reasonably priced LHD,son in law sold off some m/cycles to polish lads to take back to Poland,they didn't care if they were LHD or RHD's.....
Tea Bag

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Dont know if it still goes on.
But in the early 80's LHD cars where mutch sort after.
Lot of firms in London delt only with LHD and always paid top money.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We have left and would want it again, I honestly think there is a market for both but possibly left will be cheaper as it has to compete with lefty vans on the continent which tend to be cheaper but there again not everybody wants to buy sbroad, if two vans were in the UK one left one right I would expect the prices to be the same.

Might depend on the vans.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back