LEZ

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Mavis, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Mavis

Mavis Funster

2. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

That first line states "more than 10 years old" BUT be aware it's not always the case.
    Our Autotrail is 2005 BUT as it's rated over 3500kg it doesn't comply !!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Red Sonja

Red Sonja Funster

Hi Tonka

I wish that they would add that into their publicity. I have just stored out Motorhome as its over 3.5 and its a 2004.

How many unsuspecting people will think that their van is ok as its a later model than 2002 but wont realise that it needs to be a late 2006 model if its heavier than 3.5

Makes my blood boil.

Sonja

• Like Like x 1
  4. darklord

darklord Read Only Funster

If you plug your reg in, it tells you if your motor is compliant, worked for me. I would have though that the database has all the info on your motor, ie weight etc, if not , it should have.

5. acting_strange

acting_strange

Personally I hope this new (and stupid) restriction is the cause of the London economy dying on its feet.

• Like Like x 1
  6. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

I tried this last year and it did not recognise the reg, even when it was 6 years old !.
    Just tried again and now it's working, guess they have upgraded the database at last..

Here is the checking webpage if anyone needs it..
    http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/lez/17700.aspx#container

7. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

There was a short item on bbc news tonight including a home moving business that may have to close because none of its vehicles are complaint

8. Viennese

Viennese Funster

Well it always has been outside London, most non-Londoners know nothing about it. Have just got the flyer for the motorhome show at Excel in february, where there is camping on site. Bet a lot of unsuspecting provincials will get done if they come in their vans!

9. TheTwoOfUs

TheTwoOfUs Funster

I've posted about this before. I checked but the info they had against my reg. no. was incorrect, they had it down as 5000kg. By all means put in your reg. no. but if it comes back as non-compliant then you can check for an accurate assessment of your vehicles compliance by putting in the weight, year of manufacture and engine type. If the two don't tally, fill out an application form (available on line) to register your vehicle. You will have to submit a copy of the V5 and a photo of the weight plate.

• Like Like x 1
  10. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

it has been widely discussed in magazines

It has been widely discussed in motorhome magazines and in the news for what seems years and years as well as on this site and others.

People will moan, but they have had a long time to get ready for it.

Bit like the 1995 Disabled Discrimination Act.. now 12 years as law and people still think it does not apply to them or they claim ignorance of the law... same on the LEZ .. the UK is not the only place that does this.. Germany does as well.

Sorry to say, I think that old diesels and petrol (yes it applies to petrol as well) that are so dirty and pollute the country should be total banned and not pushed outside London.

Bob

11. Jim

Jim Ringleader

I'd ban all engines over 6.7litres Totally unwarranted polution.:RollEyes: How big is your engine Bob? 6.8L? I reckon its about 4 litres too many:BigGrin:

• Like Like x 2
  12. CHRI$

CHRI$ Funster

along with the petrol guzzling RV's that are useing the world's resorces at an alarming rate:Doh:who need's a 5 lt engine in a 24 ft motorhome/rv:Rofl1::Rofl1:
    ban them i say:thumb:

13. Jim

Jim Ringleader

I think Bobs motorhome is 6.8L petrol A decent 2.8L would push it anywhere.

14. CHRI$

CHRI$ Funster

and tow a car trailer,with it's diesel power:thumb:

15. slobadoberbob

it is a 6.8 lt V10 Chris

Chris it is a 6.8 ltr V10 Ford Triton engine...... :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1: and yes it is 24'9" long..or 45' with the trailer... 55mph at 1800 revs all day long and that is a petrol engine.... have a hell of a job to get it to register when they do the MOT..so clean.

Bob

16. slobadoberbob

Jim's not been the same since he went German

Jim has not been the same since he went German... Have you forgotten so soon Jim the throbbing power in an RV.... but these days it is phut, phut and phut... bit like that's trikes in India :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1: never mind Jim, you can always say you have converted.... what to I am not sure...yet?

Bob:Wink:

17. Jim

Jim Ringleader

No I have not forgotten that one of the many vans I've owned was a superb 8.1L V8 Which is why I wouldn't call for others to be banned, people might accuse me of pot/kettle calling:BigGrin:

18. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

do you have documented proof of this Bob..... as far as I'm aware the LEZ only affects diesel engined vehicles and then not all diesels are included.
    a land-rover 110 diesel utility is affected
    a land-rover 110 diesel station wagon is not affected.

same year, same engine, same chassis, different body.

my 1999 6.8ltr petrol RV is fully compliant whereas my previous 2001 2.5ltr turbo diesel was not

• Like Like x 1
  19. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

Arent we lucky our motor vehicles do not run on fresh air.

I am sure if someone was clever enough to invent such a fantastic engine that the government would soon start taxing us on that too.

I wonder whether they would also charge us per breath.

Our motorhome is sat within the LEZ and is non compliant and I can only presume that providing I do not drive out of the LEZ that I will be able to drive around quite happily all day every day without them noticing.

Interesting one!!! Perhaps companies with non compliant vehicles within the LEZ could buddy up with a company who owns compliant vehicles outside the lez. They could meet near the border and swap the stuff over without any fines or becoming complaint.

or have I missed something somewhere??????

20. Mavis

Mavis Funster

For the first offence you just get a warning letter so I would be tempted to try it and see what happens but then would you get a fine for the journey home :Doh:
    It is so quiet nothing seems to be reported or talked about maybe there isnt any film in the camera's :Wink: