Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
We are planning our first 2012 trip :thumb:, but our camper is 1991 built. So we have to be very careful not to enter any LEZ zone by mistake. :Doh:

We have been warned that especially in Italy those LEZ zones are not clearly and recognizably marked by the roadsigns :Eeek:

In my search for a clear overview of LEZ zones in Europe i found this website

This helped me a lot so therefore i share this one with all of you

Paul and Ineke

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We were thinking we might honour Tuscany with our presence in the summer. It looks from this site as if you need a separate sticker for each city :Eeek:, which seems a bit of a faff. I assume our van probably complies as it complies with the London one, still need stickers though.
It would be really useful if a sticker could be obtained at the border.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Onderweg

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Hi [STRIKE]Nearly [/STRIKE]ReallyRetired,

Did you read the following remark on their website :

Countries
LEZs by Country, showing menu links to the cities operating or planning LEZ schemes.

Cities shown in Green in the LEFT-HAND menus are already running a LEZ scheme; those shown in Black are confirmed as in planning, or scheduled to start in coming months or years.

Furthermore the details of f.i. Calenzano in Toscana say :

Dates and Standards - city
Until further notice:
No 2 stroke motorcycles & mopeds
Minimum standards:
Petrol cars Euro 2
Diesel cars Euro 4
Diesel goods vehicles Euro 2

Hours of operation - city
8:30-12:30 and 14:30-18:30 until further notice

The definitions of the Euro 1 to Euro 5 standard can also be found on this website. In short it means that the higher the number the younger the car must be.

It really is not a click-through webpage --> it is a carefully read through page !!! If you look at the citymap of Calenzano, i think to see that the mainroad along the city doesnt enter the LEZ Zone

Paul and Ineke

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Sorry I can't find the definitions of the Euro 4 etc standard on this site, doesn't mean they aren't there.

I think my van is Euro 4 but I don't know if the uprating of the MGW effects this.

OP
OP
Onderweg

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Hi ReallyRetired

When writing my second message i also wanted to place the link to the page indicating the Euro standards :ROFLMAO:, but that particular page was not online at that moment :cry:

But at the moment it is online again: Page 5 of 11 of tab What are Lezs

My native language is not English so not familiar with many shortenings :Blush: so i have got no idea what you mean with Quote I don't know if the uprating of the [HI]MGW [/HI]effects this Unquote :shout:

But maybe this page can be of help to you and otherwise the tab Retrofiting can be of help ?

Regards
Paul and Ineke

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
We have been warned that especially in Italy

Paul and Ineke

For Italy just avoid the problem. Park up on some free sosta by a rural railway station and take a cheap train ride into the city centre. Enjoy wine with your lunch. :thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back