Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I got caught out last year when I had to go down the A13 because of traffic jamming the Dartford Bridge and got clocked by the LEZ cameras. Luckily no penalty £1000 as it was a first time for my van going into the zone. But it was because my van a Ford Transit Chausson was NON COMPLIANT.
I got on to Ford and they sent me a letter saying it was compliant as it was a Euro 3 vehicle and I sent that letter along with a photo of the plating Certificate, stating 3500 max weight, and hoped they would change the record.
NO WAY, they sent a letter back saying the record shows it is non compliant and that is how it stays. UNLESS I spend £2800 on a SPECIAL filter exhaust from one of their friendly companies, and that it would then need to be retested every year as the filters do not last long.
This is a scam of the first degree as my van produces exactly the same amount of particulates as every other transit on the records but they will not have it, the records are the records and that is how it stays.
I do not want to ever go into the stinking hole anyway so stuff em. The only thing is that I must go all the way around the M25 should the blockage ever occur again, so the saving of pollution by burning 5 gallons of fuel upwind of them would not save the poor sods from terrible diseases that I must be causing. Bureaucracy rules in this country.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I got caught out last year when I had to go down the A13 because of traffic jamming the Dartford Bridge and got clocked by the LEZ cameras. Luckily no penalty £1000 as it was a first time for my van going into the zone. But it was because my van a Ford Transit Chausson was NON COMPLIANT.
I got on to Ford and they sent me a letter saying it was compliant as it was a Euro 3 vehicle and I sent that letter along with a photo of the plating Certificate, stating 3500 max weight, and hoped they would change the record.
NO WAY, they sent a letter back saying the record shows it is non compliant and that is how it stays. UNLESS I spend £2800 on a SPECIAL filter exhaust from one of their friendly companies, and that it would then need to be retested every year as the filters do not last long.
This is a scam of the first degree as my van produces exactly the same amount of particulates as every other transit on the records but they will not have it, the records are the records and that is how it stays.
I do not want to ever go into the stinking hole anyway so stuff em. The only thing is that I must go all the way around the M25 should the blockage ever occur again, so the saving of pollution by burning 5 gallons of fuel upwind of them would not save the poor sods from terrible diseases that I must be causing. Bureaucracy rules in this country.

" This is a scam of the first degree " :mad: Yes it is. As is the being unable to use other routes in the event of a diversion.:( That's just ludicrous & shows the policy for what it is.

I have an acquaintance who has 2 land rovers; one is a swb chassis cab & the other a swb station wagon .Both have the same engine ,built on the same day & serial numbers are 5 digits apart. One is compliant ,one isn't ? :confused:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I agree with you on the "Bureaucracy rules in this country." thing...
Aren't these emission controls a European thing though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back