Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
In the event of a problem on the M25 and traffic being diverted INTO London, how would non compliant vehicles fare I wonder. Will they supply free converters? Fitted at a drive through with coffee and doughnuts at the same time
y'all have a good day now y'here

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
There is an exemption Roger. See Link Removed:
Diverted into the Low Emission Zone - If you are diverted into the Low Emission Zone due to an incident, accident or road works, you should either follow the diversion route or leave as soon as possible. When making a Representation please give as many details as possible including the date, time and location of the diversion; details of the incident that may relate for instance an accident on the M25 and if you spoke with a police officer. We will check our records to confirm if there was a diversion. If, however, you enter the Low Emission Zone just to avoid traffic or got lost then these are not valid grounds for Representation

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
So I'm driving along minding my own business when all of a sudden I am diverted and now must make representations to save getting a fine. bugger that I'll stay put and make an even bigger traffic hold up:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
but thanks for the info anyway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Having had to commute into London for ten years .. my advice Roger is stay as far away as possible from the M25 AND London.. hell with a car park for a ring road sums it up for me.

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
Only come off on the Non London side if they try and make you come off on the London side refuse and make the nice Policeman a cup of tea:ROFLMAO:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
i live 10 miles from the lez
i havent been inside the m25 since i stopped work
i cant see me going freely into london

places i worked coppers went in twos and i was on me own

just dont want to go thanks:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
I live near him ^^^^, and travel around for work, there is no real reason to go inside the LEZ zone, no matter what happens on the M25, if there is a major incident on the M25, the diversion route ALREADY POSTED BESIDE THE M-WAY (see signs with a yellow circle in them advising on detour for HGV) is to turn around and go the otherway, or pull in at clacketts/thurrock or S Mimms till its over.
Itb is illegal to fail to follow the directions of a police officer, and many of the "plod" will only be following direction from a black rat elsewhere at the incident, so his lapel No may not do you any good. I think I,d take as many photos as i could, while getting as far away from the LEZ as possible, sticking up for "what is right"... gets a bit painfull when a collection agency come round and clamp your MH for unpaid fines.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back