Jan 8, 2011
Debyshire
Funster No
MH
hymer c640 c class
Exp
since 2009
Hi all

Planning to visit Germany later this year and believe that to go into lez areas I require a sticker green,yellow or red.

with the age of my vechicle being year 2000 will there be any point in purchasing one as I think I can only have a red sticker. or do I need one regardless.

thanks

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
I agree with JeanLuc, unless its easy to avoid the zones unless you're specifically aiming for a city.
However for future reference (you might change the van at some stage) the sticker is easy to get on-line for about eu6 from a range of different cities. I got mine from the Berlin office and all I had to do was email a scanned copy of my registration document. Its possible to get them from motor dealers in Germany but I wonder how much of the language you'll need to explain.
Beware, there are on-line companies who offer to get them for you and charge handsomely for the admin, its a straight forward DIY job.

Fulltiming Felines

Free Member
Aug 27, 2018
Funster No
If you have a vehicle that's older than 30 years, and you get a special sticker from the German authorities shows reflects that, then you're exempt from all the German LEZs.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Is it only me who is suspicious that you are voluntarily entering your details on their system so you are making it easier for them to collect fines for minor motoring misdemeanours that other wise they may have foregone?

I had a sticker for the old mh and never needed it and then didnt replace it for the current one. In 6 years of ownership Ive gone into an area once and got away with it. Its apparently not enforcable with cameras You have to be caught in the area by a policeman.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I went to a 'MOT' type garage with my V5 and they issued one immediately. All you need to know is 'Umwelt Bitte' and ta chuck.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Is it only me who is suspicious that you are voluntarily entering your details on their system so you are making it easier for them to collect fines for minor motoring misdemeanours that other wise they may have foregone?

I had a sticker for the old mh and never needed it and then didnt replace it for the current one. In 6 years of ownership Ive gone into an area once and got away with it. Its apparently not enforcable with cameras You have to be caught in the area by a policeman.

Went down to the local TUV station in Cloppenburg with our German
friend,they couldn't be bothered with paperwork and just printed one off for free (y).......so much for German effiency :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back