LEZ check.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by GWAYGWAY, Jun 22, 2016.

1. GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY Funster

I put a check in for my NEW Hymer ML-i and it was not on the list for compliant vehicles. I then contacted the LEZ office in Sussex and asked why not, and have received a letter saying that it now does comply with the LEZ from the 22/6/2016 and that I can now go into the greater London area with it. Seems a bit odd that they could not allow it in before as it is a NEW Mercedes Sprinter Euro 6 running on adblue with not the slightest trace of soot or smoke from the exhaust. I get the idea that they have not got the slightest idea what is going on and depend only on DVLC information, and they are so behind it defies belief.
    Oh well at least I can go into the Zone if I have to without worry of the £1000 penalty

• Like Like x 1
  2. The gasman

The gasman Funster

I had a lot of trouble with them when I had a Mazda Bongo. Got it sorted in the end. Also I'm not sure they have updated their records I kept the reg. number and last time I checked it was listed as exempt, the mh should be compliant.

3. ABZSteve

ABZSteve Funster

Phew!! thought you were about to ask who was a Lesbian :rofl:

• Funny Funny x 6
  4. RogerThat

RogerThat Funster

1999 Swift Sundance 590RL. North West, UK.
    I nearly got caught out by LEZ. Having only been MH'ing for ten months, I took it upon myself to drive in to SW19 last summer for three days.

When I got back home there was a letter from TFL informing me id broken some rules and that if they saw me inside the M25 again I'd have to pay £100 quid a day :eek:

Thankfully their letter was just a warning, that would have been a seriously expensive trip to London!

So alas now, I'm technically barred from London as I had a quote for £2,200+VAT to make my vehicle compliant :(

5. MannClan

MannClan Funster

I think I qualify - I certainly like women !!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Allanm

Allanm Funster

I think that's a bonus, not being allowed to drive within the M25! I know for certain ours is not LEZ compliant, however, I have no desire to go into London with mine.
    I think it was good that you just got a letter, they could easily have sent you an invoice for £300!