Free Member
Jan 13, 2015
Nr Aberystwyth
Funster No
MH
A class, Hymer 620 mli
Exp
since 1982
When we bought our new Hymer I treated it to some new big milenco type ramps.
Just returned from a 2 month trip. They are totally useless on the non driven wheels i.e. the front end of a Mercedes. The steps are too big and they just slide away on any hard surface.
May be ok on the driven (gripping) wheels but a waste of money. Also the leading edges snap off.

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
We've had the leading edge snapping off plus a few other fins buckling but not had an issue on the driven wheels or non driven...Ours are the Triple...

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
If you have not sold them,try fixing a piece of carpet the width of the ramp across and about 2' long onto the leading edges of the Ramp,as your tyre nears the ramp,it traps the carpet,which in turn stops the Ramp from shooting off.
I found the "Quad Milenco Ramps" worked,but were very heavy and took up quite a bit of room,sold those on to Two c/van mates,and bought the "Milenco Triple ramp". Have not have any trouble with leading edges breaking off,perhaps you did not have them supported well underneath,just a thought.
Tea Bag.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
Tie a small length of rope to the lower end centre of each ramp and and lay it flat, parallel to the ramp. Then, drive over the rope and onto the ramp. The the weight of the wheel on the rope will prevent the ramp from slipping away. You may have to drill a small hole in the front of the ramp to attach the rope.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Not had that issue on our triples ... but a great idea and will do it anyway .. thanks

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
As an alternative

You can get 4 pieces of scaffold board or similar about 2 foot long each and 4 pieces of 4 x 2 about 1 foot long.

Put the scaffold boards at the front of the wheels/side that needs lifting and a piece of 4 x 2 at right angles under the scaffold board to create a wedge shape.

Drive up the "ramp/s" until you are level.

Did this when in N Z where lots of MoHo drivers do it, cheap and effective (y)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We had Millenco Quattros before we saw the light and bought the E + P jacks :)

But never had one single incident of slipping or breaking, wonder if they are genuine, or if the triples are not as strong? o_O

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
We had Millenco Quattros before we saw the light and bought the E + P jacks :)

But never had one single incident of slipping or breaking, wonder if they are genuine, or if the triples are not as strong? o_O
Ditto, we have the Quattros - no problems with our Comanche

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Need a pair of these (y);)
WP_20160503_17_59_02_Pro[1].jpg

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
I have the quatto's but I also have a few bits of thick scaffold board, guess what I use the most?
Haven't had any problems with the millenco's on the very few times I've used them for doing oil changes on the car:p

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
millenco quads here , had the odd occasion where one has went to slide away from the front tyre / wheel , just put your toe against it until the wheel grips it.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I did wonder about the Milencos for just that reason, so ended up buying FIammas again. The above tips are interesting, didn't quite follow the rope parallel to the ramp, but I think I can try it out next time. I've had the issue of the Fiamma ribbed under-strips flying out from under the drive wheels, so I've tried sticking tent pegs through the end holes, but the plastic strip sunk under the weight of the wheels leaving the tent pin head sticking up into the tyre with a sickening scrunch. I fully expected a flat, but it was OK. So I could adapt one of these methods - rope or whatever. Interesting.
After sinking down to the axle in France in September, I now carry wood ramps as described above, as well. FWD!!! Great on the open road. But in mud?!

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
millenco quads here , had the odd occasion where one has went to slide away from the front tyre / wheel , just put your toe against it until the wheel grips it.

jeez, you must have long legs and a very delicate left foot throttle (y):)

Aug 11, 2016
ipswich
Funster No
MH
Not sure
Exp
1 year
You must have really long legs to do that.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I have a pair of grey Fiamme ramps, you can get anti slip kits for them, they fit on the bottom and extend out the front, so your wheel is on the anti slip plate before it starts to go up the ramp. No chance of pushing the ramp forwards

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
I use the tripples but have ended up useing them upside down as can never get wheel nicely in the cups (?) and worry that they will damage the tyre actually think I will try scaffold board idea

4maddogs

Free Member
Nov 16, 2010
North Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profilke
Exp
6 months
I have the Milenco triples. I only use them on sites, but wild most often so don't use them all that often. I have not had any problems with them on my smallish, frontwheel drive MH. I am a solo traveller and can zip up on them pretty easily on my own.

TJBi

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2014
<snip> The above tips are interesting, didn't quite follow the rope parallel to the ramp, but I think I can try it out next time. <snip>
I think you'll find that @ludo did not mean parallel, but in line with the ramps, so that you drive onto the rope first, thus preventing the ramp from moving away as you drive onto it.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Have only ever had problems with sliding Milencos on ice.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I use the tripples but have ended up useing them upside down as can never get wheel nicely in the cups (?) and worry that they will damage the tyre actually think I will try scaffold board idea
This is why we went from the Triples to the Tridents - larger cups for larger wheels and the height of the Quattros. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back