LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Must admit I am too lazy to dig them out. I try to choose the most level I can get to save mum complaining the water isnt running away properly.
Unless the slope is bad then why bother.

Just need to remember, If running your Fridge/Freezer on "Gas" and you are not within a few degree`s of being level...

Your Fridge/Freezer will not work to correctly and you are likely to end up with a soot ball in the chimney which could drop off and block your jet... :Eeek:

Just saying, like... :nod: :nod:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Dunlop Air Assisted Suspension fitted, pump it up or let it down always level.
We do have Milenco Quattro and they will take ours rated at 3850 kg so if the slope is really bad we use them.
What you have to do is make sure OH knows you want to start to climb the next level higher than needed then roll back into the dip on the level you want when applying handbrake.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Just need to remember, If running your Fridge/Freezer on "Gas" and you are not within a few degree`s of being level...

Your Fridge/Freezer will not work to correctly and you are likely to end up with a soot ball in the chimney which could drop off and block your jet... :Eeek:

Just saying, like... :nod: :nod:

12v fridge, no gas :whistle::p

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
between those who frequently "wild camp" and perhaps those who use more established MH parking.

To my mind, "off-site" motorhoming is the "more established" way of doing it.

People were overnighting in their campervans in laybys and out of the way places long before these aire thingies and campsites started springing up... ;)

JJ :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
To my mind, "off-site" motorhoming is the "more established" way of doing it.

People were overnighting in their campervans in laybys and out of the way places long before these aire thingies and campsites started springing up... ;)

JJ :cool:

Think there might have been a few campsites about before motorhomes were even thought about.......remember tents :)

Reactions: DBK

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Again?????? It is one of my fears that I will overshoot as I usually drive the van onto the ramps.

You can affix an upstand onto the front of the ramp that will assist in not overshooting the top \ end.

I'm not sure what the Milenco 4 tier ramps have as a rating... our van is 3.5tonnes max and is usually around 3.2. I wouldn't use them with a heavier van :)

2000kg per wheel.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back