Babyell

Free Member
Jun 23, 2015
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Benimar Anthus
Exp
hi, we have realised we are probably going to need some after being parked on a slight slope at weekend and when opening oven door all the food slid out onto the floor!

I have had a look and am not sure which to get, is there a difference between campervan and caravan chocks? and which duty low, med or heavy?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
There has been much discussion on this subject, so you might want to try a the search facility to find them.

There are many here who don't use levelling ramps and can't understand why anyone would. If like me you prefer things to be a bit on the level then the choice seems to be between Fiamma, Thule or Milenco. We had a couple of the yellow Fiamma ones and they are compact and didn't break but they don't raise the vehicle very much.

The 3 or 4 step Milenco ones are good but they are bulky and I am not sure they work perfectly if you have 16" wheels.

We bought a pair of Thule ramps, which are compact but raise the MH more than the Fiamma ones did and they were a lot cheaper than the Milenco ones. We used them a lot on a recent trip to Spain and they are still in one piece Or rather two pieces as they come as a pair!

Upvote 0

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I know the horse has bolted etc.. but you can get tubes of that heat resistant silicone that slip onto the edge of your oven shelves.. stops anything accidentally sliding out.. I'm sure aldi have them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
If the slope on which you were pitched was so great dishes slid out ofthe oven I don't think levelers would help to that degree. But I have been known to be wrong :)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

Babyell

Free Member
Jun 23, 2015
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Benimar Anthus
Exp
It didn't feel that much of a slope and phone app said -5. It probably didn't help that the oven door is slightly stiff so when I pulled it the baking tray slid out! I have ordered some silicone grips so hopefully won't happen again! It actually took a while to find a level (ish) spot in the first place.

Upvote 0

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I carry 2 sets of ramps. One are a set of home made wooden ramps that are 2 inches high that I cut myself from a lump of timber and the other set is a pair of German 2 level ramps that seem to be indestructible for our 4,500 Kilos van. I had a pair of Milenco 4 level ramps but the weight of our van was too much for them and they started to break down. I use the wooden ones most and the german ones when I need a bit of extra lift. Sometimes having more than 2 ramps is useful. I am not besotted with being level and won't bother if its not significant. However having the shower water always accumulate on the opposite side to the plug hole can be a pain!

Upvote 0

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
get 1 with auto leveling jacks,, why does someone not make a kit for the euro vans i dont know..
mmmmm time to design something££££££££££££

Upvote 0
Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Silly you,you don't need level blocks... NO!!. Park the "OTHER WAY ROUND" LOL This is Fun!. Had the Quatro Milenco,they were very good,but big and heavy,so now have the Milenco triple,works for us.
Best of luck with what you plump for....... "Toe Tecter" Boots?
Tea Bag

Upvote 0

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Thought I'd post up an old photo of one of the vans we rented. It's parked behind our house so that the cars can still get past to use the garages, shows the strategic use of a levelling block so that the fridge stays in operation over night. Hope this helps :D
levelling.jpg

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If you were at such an angle the food racks slid out you NEEDED levellers and your fridge shouldnt have worked.
fridges are pretty much level critical.....5° to 8° 'off level' is the limit.

How would you have stopped the plates sliding off the table had the food not hit the floor first. ?

Upvote 0

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
yes jim,, thanks for that, but ook at the prices,, i think i can make them for less than £125 each, so 4 fitted would be £500, better than over a grand

Upvote 0

etap

Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
3 years
Buy a set from your local dealer with three heights, this will do you ok, ours were £20 for the set of two from.
Etap

Upvote 0

g8ysn

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
have a pair of milenco adjustable [caravan/m-home leveler,s ] bought set of 4 [bit ott] excess to need,s offer,s

Upvote 0

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
We have Milenco Quads and small Fiamma ones - some places we've stayed at required all 4 to be used. We like to be level so that we don't fall out of bed, spill our drinks and allow the fridge to work.

Upvote 0

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
We have a set of these and have found them to be very useful. We have just returned from a month long UK trip and stayed at all sorts of sites and they sorted us out no problem.

KH

Upvote 0
Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
If you bought from a dealer not long ago, perhaps try asking if they have some they would let you have? Our dealer very kindly gave us some yellow ones.

Upvote 0

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
Just put a pair of ramps in the classified section.

Dave

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back