Leveling blocks

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Wildman, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

I carry but have never used leveling blocks. But then I am not restricted to sites, in fact never use them so if I park someplace thats not level I move. Am I the only one or are there habitual wild campers who would/do use them. does a couple of inches over the width of an axle really may any difference, a couple of degrees at most (well until the mathematicians get their calculators out, hee hee.

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

we dont usually wildcamp so always use ours roger but i'm fussy spending ages getting 100%.
    nothing worse than 'feeling' on a slant.

maybe goes back to tent camping days when the sleeping bag ended up at the bottom or side of the tent.

3. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi Roger never used them :Rofl1: but then again I do not carry them :Rofl1::BigGrin:I must admit to either going onto my pitch either forwards or backwards depending on slope :thumb: then lowering the rear air suspension to suit :RollEyes:
    We also just change ends of the bed
    terry

4. Mixter

Mixter Read Only Funster

I have a pair of millenco monsters, and use them all the time. Cant be doing with sleeping on a slope, or having the eggs slide to one side of the frying pan. :Laughing: Adjustable suspension would be nice....but does it do all four corners???

5. W18BLA

W18BLA Funster

I never use them horrible things..

[​IMG]

Oh hang on yes i do our van has such a rear to front difference we had to maybe it will get better when the supension beds in as it is new..

6. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

We have four of the big fiamma blocks, saves falling out of bed on dodgy sites

7. JJ

JJ Funster

Have compressor fridge... park where ever I find suitable... want to be able to drive straight away not faff about with plastic slopes...

JJ

8. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

aha, equally spaced along the edge of the matress I can see how it works :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

9. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

Cost Tony Santara and new fridge not leveling up a few year back and cost him i believe £1250:cry::cry:

10. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

you're forgetting one important thing here.....as the rears 'bed in' so will the front :Doh::Laughing:

put 17" wheels on the front...job sorted. :Rofl1::Rofl1:

11. Douglas

Douglas Read Only Funster

due to the wonderful design of my Swift, even on level ground the water in the shower will no drain away unless the front of the van is 6" higher that the back. so we have to use the most of the time.

Doug...

12. Mixter

Mixter Read Only Funster

Have you checked the waste pipe routing? I know our sink pipe ducks under a chassis member before going back uphill to the tank - which slows the drainage. Summat i have to alter when i get round to it. I couldnt be doing with walking up and down hill all day long! :BigGrin:

These folk who never use levels, prefering to 'find somewhere flat', must use a load more juice trailing around with a spirit level strapped to the bonnet. :Laughing:

13. Douglas

Douglas Read Only Funster

The van is higher at the back than the front, the waste tank is aft of the shower, therefore the tank connection is higher that the shower outlet, its not slow, it wont drain.

Doug...

14. Mixter

Mixter Read Only Funster

In that case, it can only be a poor design.

You may have another chance to overcome this. On my own van, the shower outlet is plain to see under the van. Ive been toying with the idea of putting a T peice in the pipe immediately it exits the shower, along with a drain tap. Theres been a few times our shower has struggled to drain if i havent got the levels just right. (another peice of slack design work!) In these instances, i could stick a grey container directly under the shower - which would then drain on just about any adverse incline.