Letter from Burstner

Discussion in 'Burstner' started by Decmac, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Decmac

Decmac Read Only Funster

Received a letter from Burstner a few days ago. They say there is a fault/problem whereby under certain circumstances a contact between the rear wheels and the wheel house of your motorhome can occur. Since permanent and intensive contact causes demolition or damage of the rear wheels, your vehicle has tobe refitted by installation of an additional spring assembly.. Then they say the necessary workings have to be conducted without delay and see your authorised dealer.
    So I contacted the dealer and he says he hasn't received any information from Burstner about this problem but he told me that he heard that someone, somewhere overloaded his/her vehicle with a motorbike and this caused the problem originally and now Burstner want dealers to refit additional spring assembly to all 2007 and 2008 Fiat Ducato 250 Maxi chassis vehicles. Dealer says he is 99.99% certain the above problem won't happen to any of the models mentioned and there is no need to worry. I am worried!!!! Your thoughts - thanks:Smile:

2. Jim

Jim Ringleader

I would get it done, you might not want to carry a bike, but what about going over a bit of bumby ground to a site, do you want that contact with the wheels? Why risk it. And how about the next owner, he might own a motorbike:Smile:

If was me and the manufacturer asked me to get it done, I would:Smile:

• Like Like x 3
  3. Decmac

Decmac Read Only Funster

Thanks for the prompt reply Jim. Dealer also said to me on the phone that if I measured the space between wheels and housing it would be impossible for such an event to occur. Now I don't carry a motorbike but carry a bike or two plus the usual junk in the rear storage. He maintains that Burstner are panicking over the problem and he says (the dealer) that you would really need to overload it a lot for this problem to occur. Burstner said in letter to look at their website for further information but can find a thing but gave me an e-mail address and phone number. Will contact them as well. Thanks again

4. tattoobluedog12345

tattoobluedog12345 Read Only Funster

hi there I recently bought burstner A647 and this has the coil spring over the rear axle

5. movan

movan Funster Life Member

I have a Burstner t680, 07 registration on a Renault base. Do I need to do anything please?

6. Tootles

Tootles Funster

If it's that bad for Burstner to contact you by letter, then it should be a recall, in which case you will pay nowt. (y)

7. Janine

Janine Funster Life Member

This thread was started 6 years ago...chances are your 'van was recalled and fixed a while ago, Joy.

• Like Like x 2
  8. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

FUN threads, very durable, built to last, maybe for 1000 years.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Tootles

Tootles Funster

...As you can personally testify........:)(y)

10. johnp10

johnp10 Funster

Shifty....Oh Shiiiifty.

11. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Thanks Janine, how did that spring up again!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1