'Letter' from a gassing thief (1 Viewer)

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
I sleep in the OHC on campsites, rear lounge off-site. Apparently the majority of thefts are from the front cabin via the cabin doors (where applicable). I probably wouldn't be in a position to do anything about a break-in but, if I was, a tin of spray paint in the face would be a nice identifier for the local Police and would probably sting a bit :whistle:. It just happened to be the nearest thing available to defend myself!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Barclaybasher
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
So far.....

Fire Extinguisher, Axe, Arsenic in Tea, Ironic Bar, Chilli Powder, Pepper, Fly Spray, Flame Thrower, Hair Spray, Battery Acid, Deep Heat, spray paint....................

Next meet should be interesting............

Choose your weapons

:)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I been trying to find this picture for a while, just found it in a post.

After writing an article about the old forum classic of "gassing" I passed the copy to James my 13 year old who is an excellent proofreader. He often litters my work with things like "2/10 See Me" as well has drawing little cartoons in the margins.:Smile: He draws these amazingly quickly, and the one below would have taken him less than a minute. It made me laugh so much I thought I would share:roflmto::roflmto:

gassed.jpg

gassed.jpg

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
You should wake slowly not to frighten your would-be thief, then ask him/her would they like a cup of tea or coffee and site down with them for a little chat to try and find out more about them and why they feel they have to steal things. Try and find out if they had a troubled life as a child and reassure them that they are a valued member of society. When you have won their confidence send them on their way with may be a flask of hot drink for later a little money for cigs etc. and perhaps a nice coat for the cold nights.

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
You should wake slowly not to frighten your would-be thief, then ask him/her would they like a cup of tea or coffee and site down with them for a little chat to try and find out more about them and why they feel they have to steal things. Try and find out if they had a troubled life as a child and reassure them that they are a valued member of society. When you have won their confidence send them on their way with may be a flask of hot drink for later a little money for cigs etc. and perhaps a nice coat for the cold nights.
That's what would happen in JJ's van :p

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
m
maybe I should adopt that approach :rofl:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I know the mess that the fire extinguishers make. I replaced mine as the dates were past (by a long way) and the tip (sorry recycling centre) would only take them if they were empty. I discharged them into my wheely bin, what a mess.

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
I would love a Tazer!!! It has been on my most wanted pressie list for a while.

Ginny

Yotanka

Free Member
Aug 26, 2014
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Let the dogs on them... Go get him girls.. GRRRRRRRRR Oh dear, have they biten your leg, shame! lol

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I would love a Tazer!!! It has been on my most wanted pressie list for a while.

Ginny
problem with a tazer that a skilled person would halve the knife in your hart in a blink.
and tazers are illegal and will land you in it

Apr 29, 2012
Holmfirth
Funster No
MH
1990 Gulfstream RV
Exp
30yrs
I dread to think what would happen if someone broke in ours....house or motorhome. Our oldish weimaraner is fine when out and about, but turns into a really mean guard dog when she is home, or in the van. Its like she suddenly clocks in, and does a jekyll and hyde process.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
So, you Pepper sprayed, extinguisher sprayed or what ever you decided to do. HAVE YOU DECIDED, what do I do next? Finish him or her off and bury the body, burn it, cut it up and put bits in different locations, GET REAL, don't start something you cannot finish, Frighten him or her off by your sheer presence the robber is there to steal not to fight, these people steal when you are sleeping, they don't put a gun or knife in your back and say. "Your money or your Life" or pull you in an alleyway and put a knife to your throat. Make a noise, sound an alarm, make a threat, they will soon be away. Blinding or Injury with intent will end you up in Prison and your so called robber with a load of cash, after all that's what he needed in the first place. Think about it, Reasonable Force has great limitations.

Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
give them a bloody good battering, even if it means keeping them for a few days, then when you have had your fun, rob THEM, and leave them somewhere.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If they tried to nick his FB pies god help them

Nobody is that brave, are they?;)

Why would ANYONE want to nick an FB pie ... if they are brave enough to try let them have it ... they'll suffer when they try to eat it anyway! :LOL:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Why would ANYONE want to nick an FB pie ... if they are brave enough to try let them have it ... they'll suffer when they try to eat it anyway! :LOL:
Doubly brave then......

A) stealing the pie in the first place
B) eating it

You could add (C) or rather B and a bit - opening the damned tin without losing a finger or two....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back