Free Member
Nov 11, 2012
Sandhurst
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2012
Afternoon all. Probably like many of you, I joined the forum a few years ago and read until my eyes hurt! So after doing my research, off I went and bought a VW Transporter as I was only 38 so it was much “cooler” than a MH. Then I spent a year turning it into our perfect camper van. But, 3 years later after a very wet Bank Holiday weekend in Northumberland, reality hit me…. it just didn’t cut the mustard. No loo / shower facilities, too small for us and the dog had taken over the use of the bed!

So whilst on holiday in a cottage (as the VW was too small), we “accidentally” called into a MH dealer and saw an old 1999 Hymer hiding in the corner behind all the new glossy vans. We took a look around and fell in love all over again. Six months went by whilst we figured out how we could stretch the budget from selling the VW and yesterday we finally collected our dream Hymer B584 from Bundesvan. She is a beauty, 2007, in silver with a huge comfy sofa, desk so I can work whilst away (very important for a few more years), room for the dog, a shower, more storage than our house and I can stand up in her too!

I’m writing this whilst lounging, sorry, working at Vanbitz as they are fitting an Oyster satellite internet setup so I can work whilst travelling and a rather loud alarm system.

I love reading about your travels, questions and technical tips and hope we have many happy years travelling.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Congratulations and welcome from another Bundesavan Hymer owner. If you enjoy yours half as much as we do, you will be fine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Does anyone actually read on here ?

He's been on here since 2012, longer than many saying "Welcome" and his first line is "Afternoon all. Probably like many of you, I joined the forum a few years ago".

One word..............

SPECSAVERS.

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User

He's been on here since 2012, longer than many saying "Welcome" and his first line is "Afternoon all. Probably like many of you, I joined the forum a few years ago".

One word..............

SPECSAVERS.

Does it matter?!!
He's not used the site for years so at least say hello and welcome back!!
Were you a real Rupert in your younger days or did you just live at Sandhurst?

:HelloThere: and welcome back Jon.!

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hello and a delayed welcome. Sounds like you landed a cracking van after trying it out with the matchbox on wheels. Well done for surviving that part of your life, now the fun (in comfort) can begin.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011

One word..............

SPECSAVERS.
But this is his first post for goodness sake, what's the matter with you Brian? Go and get a nice glass of wine and calm down. :wink:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009

One word..............

SPECSAVERS.
Oops a tad narky !! Brian

:wb:Sandhurstjon and a lovely van!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi :wb: You've got a van with a great lay out there we have had our 584 for 11 years now and still enjoy it as much as when we first had it. :)

OP
OP
Sandhurstjon

Sandhurstjon

Free Member
Nov 11, 2012
Sandhurst
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2012
You are right, I did join ages ago, but now we have a proper MH, well there is a question, what do I call it? Is it a van, bus, MH?? We she's been named Doris after my wife's gran who died at the end of last year! Sorry back on topic, there wasn't much helpfull stuff for a VW owner on here so I used a VW forum instead. Now I have a proper MH, it's all rather more relevat and helpful! So my first night I'm on my own at Vanbitz getting an alarm fitted, then back home tomorrow to collect the wife and dog then were off for some fun.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Your avatar shows Doris! What a lovely van. And how nice to call it after someone who meant so much to you!
Have a great first trip and enjoy learning how Doris works!(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back