Lets see what the majority think on generators poll (1 Viewer)

Are generators anti social

• yes before 9 in morning and after 9 at night

Votes: 143 57.0%
  • Yes At any time of day or night

Votes: 86 34.3%
  • No not at all

Votes: 22 8.8%

• Total voters

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
We're ok to run for 4 days or so without EHU as we've got 4 batteries and 5 solar panels. The only thing we need the generator for is to raise and lower the electromajic bed but that only takes a minute or two. We also need the generator to boost the heatin but try to do this as reasonable times so not to cause upset but Our generator is built in and insulated so isn't really noisy.

I think it's give and take - bit more tolerance and a bit more responsible use. After all we are motorhomes and supposed to be having fun:)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
on some occasions I despair at you lot. I would encourage you all to go back and read what some of you are saying, have a think, a beer and then laugh your gonads off at how your managing to discuss an issue that for most err, isn't even an issue today.

All I am concerned about @Jim is why I have had a notification telling me that my post in this thread has been quoted and yet I haven't posted on the subject?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
on some occasions I despair at you lot. I would encourage you all to go back and read what some of you are saying, have a think, a beer and then laugh your gonads off at how your managing to discuss an issue that for most err, isn't even an issue today.

All I am concerned about @Jim is why I have had a notification telling me that my post in this thread has been quoted and yet I haven't posted on the subject?
Jims too busy figuring out who to give a red card to to bother about that Paul.

I see a couple of posters breaking rule one more than once, MATE.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jims too busy figuring out who to give a red card to to bother about that Paul.
Rather Jim's knackered, been travelling all day and can't be bothered/arsed to read a thread like this one. I know what will be in it, I've seen it before. :yawn: I'll have a read in the morning. ;)

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
:)
Yep....reread my post.
they are free to move elsewhere.

I could, of course, start my onboard Briggs & Stratton 480cc V twin 5.5 Kilowatt jobby but that even bothers me.....one step up from a dumper truck or cement mixer.

Ok that's fine, I know where I stand, no need for a reread, it kind of stuck in my mind. I take it if I were within a few yards of you I would be ok with the damp charcoal and could turn up the music so I can hear it over the top of my loudly incessantly barking dog, any time I like as long as it's between 10am and 9pm on the basis that you are free to move elsewhere.:)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
An eye opening thread!
Glad I didn't introduce myself at the Peterborough show.

You can read too much into threads like this ;) Certainly a handful of warriors, who for the most part weren't even there, arguing about the use of a genny, is not really indicative of the rally at the Peterborough show. However, these posts from just one page of the rally thread are... Shame you didn't introduce yourself.

Big thank you to Jim & Sian and all the Funster Marshalls for another great weekend away.
We had a good drink on the Thursday:D and relaxed the rest of the time (y) Was nice to bump into Laird of Dunstan and his good lady(y) and all the other riff raff :whistle:.
Oh and the tap at the rear of my van was the fresh water emptying not the waste :p
See you at Newbury

Rob&Jane

Great weekend as always big thanks to the fab marshals and bacon roll makers who all did an amazing job,to Dave & Polly for A great Sat night and of course to Jim & Sian for making fun what it is
next stop Thetford
See you all soon
Sue & Eric

Another great weekend. Big thankyou to all the team, special thanks to the bacon roll crew, yummy.(y)(y) and a Big Thank you to Jim & Sian + plus all the Marshall for a Great Time :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thanks to all for a great week end to our first Motorhome show.

John, Pat and Scrumpy.

Thanks for another great weekend Sian and Jim, Dave and Polly, all the Marshals and the bacon butty crew and all the new friends we met there. next FUN do for us is Northern Soul:)

Thanks to Jim Sian Dave and Polly and the other marshals. Thanks to the bacon butty crew. A great weekend and nice to meet all the funsters.

Jeff and Sue

thanks to all had a great weekend and thanks to Rhona for the mushy pea's, see all that's going to Newbury for another great weekend
Bill

We lost our verginaty! Been through our First Fun Rally at Peterborough, Thanks to all that made the weekend such a pleasant experience.
:cheers:

Thanks to everyone who put a lot of hard work into organising everything. It was great to see everyone again. Cheers, David and Dawn

Just like to say a big THANK YOU to Sian, Jim & the Marshalls, we enjoyed our stay with you even though we did not manage to get into the FUNSTERS Tent lol. Hope you all got home safely as we thankfully have, see you soon & take care(y)

What more can I say that has not already been said, thanks for a wonderful weekend here's to the next meet

Thank you to all the marshals for the hard work.

Sorry I couldn't join in cooking bacon on Sunday but I thought people might be put off by me coughing and sneezing all over the shop. I don't know whether to blame Jill for pasing on the cold to me or @Dawn B for soaking me with her gun and giving me a chill :sneaky:

Thanks to @lunarman for sorting out my Chinese sat nav.

I can now add "I survived meeting @Tootles" to my list of achievements. Nice to meet other people for the first time and to renew acquaintances. I missed several people because there were so many there - I'll get you next time :D

Thanks to Jim and Sian and all the marshals and funsteers for a great weekend. I missed the bacon rolls yesterday :cry: as I had to go to Birmingham for my dog show. Howie assured me that they were very tasty as usual!

We hope to meet up with folk again and our next meet is the Bristol Baloon festival.

Kath and Howie and the Wyaye pack

Thank you for a great weekend and all the help!
Lovely atmosphere will def be going again, see you all soon.

Steve and Sandra. x

Just like to add my thanks to all involved in organising the weekend and the entertainment/bacon butties crew. There is a lot of work involved behind the scene's and without members volunteering to assist these rally's just wouldn't happen.
Thanks again.

Thank you to Polly Dave John Angela Jock and Rita our Marshalls for all there hard work over the weekend, Dave for the Karaoke, and Jim and Sian for there endless hard work, we had a great week end catching up with old friends and saying hello to new ones. (y)

Top weekend thanks to all marshals

Last edited:

Spud

Free Member
Jan 18, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Shank's Pony
Exp
Bad
You can read too much into threads like this ;) Certainly a handful of warriors, who for the most part weren't even there, arguing about the use of a genny, is not really indicative of the rally at the Peterborough show. However, these posts from just one page of the rally thread are... Shame you didn't introduce yourself.

I will need to go again at some point (I'm after a good deal on a genny!)
So maybe next time.(y)

Spud

Free Member
Jan 18, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Shank's Pony
Exp
Bad

I need to go again at some point (I'm after a good deal on a genny!)
So maybe next time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back