Let's give praise to good sites .. (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Following on from the great thread about daft wardens, Keith suggested we have one about good sites and helpful wardens, so lets hear about the good experiences..

I praised N Ledaig CC site on the other thread so I won't repeat .. :Smile:

see thread Link Removed

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
Ooooh I like the idea.....me first

My reccomendation is Pennine view at kirby stevens been going on and off for 17yrs or so and in my oppinion it is one of the best sites available. Very very nicely kept and laid out site very nice toilet block and very very very nice family that run it.
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

BigJohn

Free Member
Aug 26, 2009
Kiveton Park, S Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile.
Exp
3 yrs long, long ago
Barnard Castle C&CC site.
Friendly, obliging wardens with a smile.

Problem is, when they're good, there are no tales to tell of specific events. They're just nice people. :Smile::Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
High Onn C.C, Staffordshire. Always seem to get nice wardens there, who although the site is tight, do thier best to help RV's

Morvich C.C, Scotland, Friendly & welcoming.

Damage Barton C.C, Devon. Again, warm friendly welcome.

Troutbeck Head.- Friendly welcome and a much appreciated dose of common sense- Massive storm on the Sunday when everyone needed to leave. The Warden came round offering a free night to eveyone who was too nervous to drive home that day. GOOD MAN!:thumb:

................and, bar about 2 in 14 years of C.C membership, EVERY single CL I've ever visited.

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
Very recently been to Grafham Water CC site and found the wardens very friendly and helpful.

Rutland Water CC site

West Runton CC site

Dale

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Ferrymeadows CC site wardens Ken n Lynne very friendly and helpful. (used to run Incleboro Fields a West Runton):Smile:

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Sheepcote Valley CC Site

The Caravan Club restricted this site to 30 ft RVs at one time but Olley went there and found a bunch of 36 ft'ers on board - and a superb reception from the Warden and Staff.

On behalf of the Big Pitch Guide Members, I wrote and thanked the Warden and his Staff for their attitude toward RV'ers - and I also him why he allowed 36 ft RVs onto a 30 ft limited site?

His answer, quite simple - "If they can get on without damaging my grass then they are more than welcome!"

The Latest guide now has a picture of an American visitor parked on site with his 45 ft RV!

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Blimey that was quick, only went for lunch & came back to you lot filling up my idea for good sites.

Mine was Start Bay CC site. The wardens were great. We spent 6 weeks on there and Lyn (lady warden) even took Jean shopping with her. Very friendly and a great spot to stay with lots to do nearby. They even organized a Badger watch evening after which we had some great Fish & Chips down the local pub.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
We did an unsheduled stop at Hurn Lane CC, Berrow and found the very nice, accomodating and helpful. Site was well kept, didn't mind dogs as long as they were walked off site and stayed around the unit. Really nice people - and for you RVers - there was even an RV on site.

We had called other CC sites before that one from the services and they didn't want to know, or never answered the phone - this warden was helpful, even though he was tight on bookings, he got us in for a few days! (We only intended to overnight, but stayed a little longer) Nice little out of the way site!

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Twin Lakes and Parc Verger, both owned by English couples in France, and both happy to go the extra mile.

Olley

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
I agree with Olley regarding Parc Verger, a great site with excellent hosts, Bob & Di.

Brisey

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Never had a real problem, almost without exception a good reception from wardens on CClub C&CC and private sites althougha few wide open mouths at times :whatthe:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Waldegraves, Mersea Island, East Mersea

The site is clean and the staff friendly and helpful. The restaurant food is excellent and reasonably priced with large portions.

Allowed lots of funsters to park on the car park for the winter hog roast meet and use the undercover area at the sinks as a barbeque area and meeting place.

They apparently dont normally allow club bookings in the summer holiday, but are reserving us block pitches to the end of march for the summer meet which is a compliment to all the funsters who went to the winter meet.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Searles Hunstanton

Although prices have increased this year, the site is clean and staff friendly and welcoming.

If a problem needs to be reported it is dealt with promptly

Its location is excellent as are the many facilities and is ideal for children no matter what the weather. They even have a little train to take you into town

When there was a big storm, those in tents whose tents collapsed etc, were allowed to sleep inside, when many sites would not have helped so much.

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
To this point in time I can honestly say that we have had nothing but positive reports about all of the CLs that we have used. We only used 1 CC site last year & that all went OK ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back