Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
Any one know where to get the cheapest 110 gel batteries from my hymer544 as a gel battery in now can i just put any other batteries in place of gel one

Last edited:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Any one know where to get the cheapest 110 gel batteries from my hymer544 as a gel battery in now can i just put any other batteries in place of gel one

Ask JJ, he was into batteries at Shepton and knows the dealer.

Doug...

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
You do not have to replace them with Gel batteries. However, you may find that standard wet lead acid batteries are too tall for the battery location. I'm not sure where it is / they are in a B544, but ours are in a tray recessed into the floor under the settee. Height is limited and I chose 110Ah Elecsol batteries as they were pretty much the same size as the original 80Ah Exide Gels. Not cheap, but a lot less than two new Gels.

If you switch type, remember to change the selector switch on the Schaudt Elecktroblok from Blei Gel (lead-gel) to Blei Saüre (lead-acid).

Philip

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
You can fit any type of 'leisure ' battery--------- they should all be the same though, if you have more than 1--------you MAY need to alter your onboard charger settings------someone else will know better than me about that !!
Nigel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back