Lesson learnt! and thank you Jaws (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
On our last day in France after 2 weeks of travelling we suddenly seemed to lose most of our brakes and the fluid disappeared somewhere!! We phoned our recovery agent and were shocked to discover that we weren't covered because we had not phoned them prior to travelling and given them the exact dates we would be abroad. Now I know we should read the small print but as we had specifically taken it out for European travel and told them this at the time of buying the policy it wouldn't have hurt them to say they needed details of our travel plans each time we went!! Luckily we managed to get home ok and after reading a post by Jaws following the service he received from Simonds garage in Diss we called them and booked it in. We wanted the brakes fixed, the temperature sensor sorted, an MOT and a major service. We dropped it off last Saturday and arranged to get it today. The service was first class, they told me at the time of booking that as we were leaving it there all week they would book the MOT for the Monday as it would be cheaper than doing it on the Saturday!:thumb: The MOT was only £32.95 and the total bill for everything including a new brake regulator, temperature sensor and all the servicing parts was only £399.17. We received excellent customer service from them, their premises were impressive and we will definitely be going back. Thanks to Jaws for his recommendation. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
and the name of the Breakdown company ? ....so others will be aware of the need to inform them.

It was 2gether insurance. You have to call a Colchester number if you have a breakdown and the guy was very apologetic and explained they are given a list by 2gether of all vehicles and the dates and countries they are travelling to and we weren't on the list so they could only attend if we paid. You are obviously covered at all times in the UK. I am not saying they are a poor company as we have yet to test their response times but it was disappointing that they didn't point out that we needed to call them first if we were travelling abroad as my husband went through our plans on the phone with them before taking out the policy. Maybe if we weren't newbies we would have known this but it never occurred to us. :Doh: The guy from the breakdown company was very helpful with his advice. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back