Free Member
May 31, 2012
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year and still enjoying it
At St.Cyr enjoying some beautiful weather.decided to leave the awning out overnight , with storm strap attached and lowered on one corner , just in case!!

3am worst thunderstorm I've ever encountered resulting in awning collapsing and buckling the front facia. Managed to get it back in but now has a lovely curved profile . That'll teach me not to be lazy. Could have been worse i suppose, could even have had it ripped off:cry:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i guess thats a new awning then,, i get lazy after a few days of good weather:Doh:. shouldnt really i know.

hope you can travel with it secure.:thumb:

May 13, 2012
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 6-2
Exp
since 2012
At St.Cyr enjoying some beautiful weather.decided to leave the awning out overnight , with storm strap attached and lowered on one corner , just in case!!

3am worst thunderstorm I've ever encountered resulting in awning collapsing and buckling the front facia. Managed to get it back in but now has a lovely curved profile . That'll teach me not to be lazy. Could have been worse i suppose, could even have had it ripped off:cry:

Shit Happens, repeatedly. I wouldn't get unduly stressed, like you say it could have been a lot worse

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back