Leisure Battery Purchase in Spain? (1 Viewer)

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
You will pay over the odds for batteries here in Spain. If you can get by on EHU until your return to UK I would wait and buy them when you get back. What is wrong with yours have they failed?

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
have you googled the battery mega store im sure they are europe wide

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
You will pay over the odds for batteries here in Spain. If you can get by on EHU until your return to UK I would wait and buy them when you get back.
Thanks DQ, not coming back until July. We might not need one but we have had a little hic up today, isolated the suspect and waiting to see its the other two are still OK, just hoping for a nice sunny day tomorrow.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
There must be an army of Funsters coming down to Benidorm area soon..
Why not put a "shout out" to see if one of those can carry one down..

BUT NOT ME.. It will overload my carry on bag...

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Thanks DQ, not coming back until July. We might not need one but we have had a little hic up today, isolated the suspect and waiting to see its the other two are still OK, just hoping for a nice sunny day tomorrow.
As @tonka states there must be someone heading your way could collect a battery or batteries and drop it off with you. That would be the cheapest way.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
There must be an army of Funsters coming down to Benidorm area soon..
Why not put a "shout out" to see if one of those can carry one down..

BUT NOT ME.. It will overload my carry on bag...

As @tonka states there must be someone heading your way could collect a battery or batteries and drop it off with you. That would be the cheapest way.
d

Thanks guys, that's a good idea. Will see what happens tomorrow, hopefully the two remaining ones will bounce back.

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Hi mine went in France got 3x125AH deep cycle leisure batteries from Battery megastore France (hankook dc31s) total 330€ Very pleased. They have a branch in Spain Scroll down for address and number on English site Web page does not load.

If the same as UK and France they will do free next day delivery to any address in Spain.

http://www.batterymegastore.co.uk/page/contact-us/

Dick

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Bateria Megastore
Carrer de la Imaginació 16
Pol. Ind. Gava Park, Gava,
Barcelona 08850
Tel: 936 389 073

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks for the information. I am sure if we do need new ones we can get them from one of the sources that have been mentioned.

Fortunately we have awoken to a blue sky today so hopefully the Solars will do their stuff.

We also have a good battery charger with us so we could ask the campsite owners for access to electricity to put the remaining battries on a reconditioning charge if C thinks they need it.

teensvan99

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Margate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
If the batteries are on the way out you do put extra strain on what ever means you use to charge them. Have known of a few on board chargers that have packed up due to knackered batteries. We full timed for over seven and half years and seen damage done to chargers trying to charge knackered batteries. I know a little about batteries and charging types as been electrician all my working life.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
The two remaining battries are only 5 months old, the failed battery was on the van when we bought it and we don't have a clue how old it is.

The annoying thing is we do know we should never have hooked up the two news ones to the old one but when we bought the van earlier this year, is was wired in a strange way - some habitation functions were powered by one battrey (a gell cell under the drivers seat), other functions were powered by a single battery in one of the lockers, which was also charged by the solar panel, the gell cell was not being powered by the solar.

Changing all of the functions over to the two new batteries that we installed in the locker was big job and one which has been put off and put off until now. We have been off grid completely for 3 weeks and although we have had enough power for our needs he suspected something was not quite right. Isolating the gell cell yesterday gave us the answer - it's knacked!

So the BIG job is being done now, both cab seats out, seat bases being removed so he can get to the wiring, which will be rerouted to the two new battries in the locker, two Dutch guys standing by supervising!! What more could you want. I just hope the two new ones have not been ruined by the old one, Colin thinks not, but I panic about these things.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
dont forget the gel battery needs a different charging method to wet lead acid batteries. connecting them together will cause issues and the gel wont charge properly

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
dont forget the gel battery needs a different charging method to wet lead acid batteries. connecting them together will cause issues and the gel wont charge properly
Maybe that is what has been wrong with it all along. It is difficult when you inherent someone else's handy work and it has deviated from the standard. Anyway, at least Colin will know exactly what's what when he has finished. The gel battery is out, nothing works in the van yet, re-wiring taking place and the water heater has dumped it's load.....but at least the sun is shining.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back