Leisure battery not charging, when travelling (1 Viewer)

Travelling John

Free Member
Sep 23, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
Renault Autotrail
Exp
Since November 2010
Help, I recently changed my leisure battery as it wasn't holding its charge and now its not charging whilst the vehicle is in motion but it charges when using a hookup. Also once charged it seems to get flat very quick.
Reading on the forums it could be one of the fuses but even looking at the electrical diagram that comes with the vehicle I can't seem to find the relay or the 23 amp fuse from the diagram, any ideas?

The motorhome is a 2007/08 Renault Autotrail Miami.

Thanks for you help in advance.

John

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Usually an in-line fuse located in the engine bay .. the cable with fuse is normally taped or tied onto the vehicle wiring harness.. usually quite easy to spot

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi John & welcome :thumb: Firstly follow the wiring from the alternator to the battery and very close to the battery to see if you can find a small oblong black box that will be the relay :thumb:If you have one it needs testing :thumb: If not then you probably not got one fitted :Smile:Fuses are normally close to the relay or battery
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

Travelling John

Free Member
Sep 23, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
Renault Autotrail
Exp
Since November 2010
Thanks

Thanks for your help, having checked almost everywhere win I first posted this I gave up and booked it in to my local dealer, but today I found the fuse!
For those interested it was located under the seat behind the passenger seat.
It had indeed blown so I have now replaced it and the battery is now charging when the vehicle engine is running.

Thanks

John.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back