Leisure battery not charging from mains on CI Cipro (1 Viewer)

Muffinn

Free Member
Apr 17, 2008
Worcester
Funster No
Exp
My solar panel has kept the battery between 11 and 13V right through the summer. I have just reconnected to mains and notice the Nordellectronica NE 102C panel no longer says 230V when I am plugged in.

I have checked all obvious fuses. The charger I believe is a btcina C16, at least this is the box on the other side of the mains inlet socket.

Any suggestions very gratefully received.

OP
OP
M

Muffinn

Free Member
Apr 17, 2008
Worcester
Funster No
Exp
CI

I am at home - the mains works OK - the fridge and the sockets are fine. It's just the battery charger I think.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
With the batteries charged by solar panels they may well be fully charged so why do you expect the mains charger to be charging.

OP
OP
M

Muffinn

Free Member
Apr 17, 2008
Worcester
Funster No
Exp
Good point but the panel always used to let me know with a 230V text appearing when I was plugged in.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
OK it is possible that a charge from the solar panel reached a level that was too high for your control panel elecronics. maybe no diode is fitted to prevent power going where it should not? It all depends how it was wired.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

Muffinn

Free Member
Apr 17, 2008
Worcester
Funster No
Exp
Thanks Roger.
Although it says 13V when I plugged in my tyre pump it groaned in using the leisure battery but was quite happy on the car cigar lighter socket - which says it's reading 12.6V

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back