Free Member
Sep 17, 2012
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos
Exp
Since 2009
Posted a thread while at Chester (Food & Drink Festival) regarding a failing leisure battery and had a very helpful chat with Martin (Funflair) in relation to correcting the problem. However, having topped-up the batteries (2 x Varta's) I'm now not getting the charge I had when they were empty!?!?!?

Prior to topping-up the readout stated they were 100% at 80Ah; now (having been on charge for 24 hours) they appear 'stuck' at 98% and 78Ah... Additionally, the readout states 'Charge!' which, according to the instruction book, will result in the leisure batteries automatically switching off after 5 mins...

If anyone has experience of leisure batteries and/or have come across a similar problem your advice and direction would be very, very welcome.

I have a 2009 Burstner Argos 747-2 and I think the batteries are the originals...

Many thanks in advance,

Hughie (Boolush)

OP
OP
Boolush

Boolush

Free Member
Sep 17, 2012
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos
Exp
Since 2009
Solved!

For the sake of any future funsters facing the same problem, detailed below is the solution to the issue(s) detailed in the original post. My thanks to Alan Pickering of Camper UK in Lincoln.

Essentially, because the leisure batteries were disconnected so as to top them up, the main menu was reset and so the original settings (correct for 2x90Ah batteries) were lost.

Following the rather unclear steps detailed in the Burstner DT 220 instruction booklet, it was necessary to enter the battery menu on the panel and confirm the total Ah of the two batteries together. That done, the DT 220 then calculates 80% of this value so as to give a maximum Ah available.

For those who knew all of this already, well done you! For those who find it useful, glad I could help!

Hughie (Boolush)

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Not sure if this is any better than the Burstner manual, but there is a DT220 manual in the downloads section - here is the link.
Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back