Dave G

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Being relatively new to this, I've been assuming that my leisure battery would be charging up whilst I'm driving. Following a 4 hour round trip yesterday to Cornwall & back I thought my battery would be raring to go (the battery was new last year), but nothing. It's charged up fine now via electric. So was I wrong or do I have a fault with my van? Can anyone help? Dave:Confused:

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
I'm not sure about your motorhome . but some have a switch on the dashboard that connects both your engine and house battery together for charging when the engine is running
worth checking out

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Check the charging by using a mutimeter set on DC Volts.. take a reading across the battery terminals with the engine off, then start the engine, you should see an increase up to about 14.5 v ..

If there is no change in the voltage check .

a) The split charge relay, it may be faulty.

b) The main fuse, usually an in line fuse under the bonnet, close to the alternator on the feed going to the relay.

c) bad connections at the relay

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Our Autoquest 100 (2003/4 model) automatically charges the leisure battery whilst driving. Looking at the handbook that should be the same for all Autoquest models so it may be that you have a blown fuse or other break in the circuit.

Graham

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back