essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2013
Hi all

My Ace Millano hand book recommends Leisure battery of 85 amp
Would it be ok if I used 90 / 110 or would it be to powerful, don't want to over load the system or anything. I always feel if I use the best I can afford the better but I am not sure in this case.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
The more amps the better. However, you can find that once you go over 100amps (which by the way is only storage capacity), they get bigger, and wont fit in your battery 'ole. ::bigsmile:

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Larger size battery is all to the good - providing there is the physical room to house it. Not more 'powerful' as such - just greater capacity for storing charge. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Hi all

My Ace Millano hand book recommends Leisure battery of 85 amp
Would it be ok if I used 90 / 110 or would it be to powerful, don't want to over load the system or anything. I always feel if I use the best I can afford the better but I am not sure in this case.

No, a larger battery will just take longer to charge, but will not put extra load on the system.

The only reasons to limit the size (or number) of the battery(ies) are physical space, weight, cost, or the need for modifications to the location of the wiring. Other than that, the bigger the better.

85Ah is so small, I personally wouldn't regard it as suitable for off-grid camping at all, except for where you only stay one night and always do a lot of miles inbetween. I've got 180Ah, which is fine as I've got 200W of solar as well.

Indeed, neither my engine based, or mains chargers are functional, and I've had literally only solar power for a year now and its never gone under 12.3V, even when I accidentally left a light on for two months and I got a call from my storage place in December...

OP
OP
connie

connie

Free Member
Mar 29, 2014
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2013
Batterry ?

Hi All

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT RE: BATTERRY.
Phil.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Is there any battery info in your handbook ? Our van‘s previous owner fitted two 110 amp batteries and we had to have the e box replaced shortly after we got it as some of the circuitry burned out. I only found out on here last week when searching the threads about leisure batteries from a link someone posted, that the e box can only handle a maximum of 110 amps on it‘s charging circuit. I like many on here have had my £10 repaid many times over, thanks Jim and Funsters.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back