Leisure Batteries(again)

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by mfh27748, Oct 30, 2009.

1. mfh27748

mfh27748 Read Only Funster

I had the 2 under performing leisure batteries replaced last week by the dealer
    who sold us the M/H.The voltage of the new one's at the time was 13.2,the M/H
    is parked up at the mo,it was on charge for about 48 hrs last weekend, i checked
    the voltage yesterday,despite having 90w solar panel the voltage was down to 12.5,
    how low should it get before i recharge.:Sad:

2. savantuk

savantuk Read Only Funster

With the batteries being charged by your panels, I would expect closer to 14V off load.

!2.5V is close to being discharged, and I would be very unhappy with those figures.

My SINGLE 110 amp battery, even in winter still reads 14V being charged by the 80W solar panel, often, when the sun is bright, 14.2V. It never goes below 13.8V, even under load.

I think that you may have a problem.

3. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Would not have expected batt. to go that low. Don't have any solar charging and only need to top up on EHU about every 2 weeks to maintain above 12.5v. Seems something is not quite right somewhere.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

4. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Had to sort out a similar problem for someone whilst on holiday this year ( !! )
    Had a look at his system and the control ler for the S P was more than a tad unwell.
    It was not allowing anything through from the S P but was putting a ( albeit small ) load on the battery !!

5. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

got to agree with the others....somethings pulling your batteries down.

could be the solar controller but is there anything else left turned on.

locker light ?
    alarm ?
    inverter ?
    tv in standby ?

heres a chart with battery charge states. should never fall below 60% charged or damage can occure if left for any length of time below 60%.
    the chart shows voltages when the battery has been stood, no load, for a few hours.

Attached Files: