Legs for the Cadac Safari Chef

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by Dave and Ginny, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny Funster

Because I love to cook 'alfresco' I couldn't resist buying a paella cooking set a couple of years ago in Spain. Until last year we carried it in the motorhome and used it often but it can be a bit heavy on gas, which is not so desirable when in France or Spain, so we left it at home and got ourselves a Cadac Safari Chef which is so easy to set up, use and clean, plus I can use a paella pan on it!

The one thing I didn't always like with the Cadac was that I like to stand when I'm cooking, spatula in one hand and a beer in the other! I have had it on the table, but that's not always convenient just as you need to serve up. That got me to thinking how I could raise it without getting a second table!

Then it just kinda happened :rolleyes:, no sooner had I got the paella set legs out from the garage and it just came together. So I thought I would share in case anyone had some spare legs or wanted to get some and give it a go. No it's not me selling them on ebay (n)

I should add that the the only holes I needed to drill were 3 on each of the legs to fit a bolt as a kind of locating pin. The holes are already on the Cadac legs so no messing it up required.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Square-Li...arden_Kitchen_Cookware_GL&hash=item3f051890df

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
    • Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Second table here. Stable and room for ingredients and most important, wine.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny Funster

The wine, oh yes most important :) I don't really have room for a second table though and as I had the legs for it...:happy:

4. MichelleRyall

MichelleRyall Funster

I bought the stool/ table from Go Outdoors. Ideal height to cook and doubles as a stool or table when not being used for cooking.

5. Wickolad

Wickolad Funster

I did a similar job to this with my Beauclaire. I used an old video/camera tripod, aluminium construction. The legs were removed and a hole drilled in top of each for fixing bolt. They make a great set of cooker legs. The big advantage is that you can set them to varying heights (sitting or standing) and can be levelled on uneven ground. :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

great idea! so if I buy the square legs in ebay add..what do I have to do next plse....

edit: OK think i've got it..just need to get bolts and drill holes in red legs...

7. Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny Funster

The legs on ebay look just about the same, I already had them and when I offered them up to the Cadac that it just sort of came together! As you have worked out I think, the drilled holes with a bolt through are to stop the legs swinging away.

I'm pleased with the outcome. I won't bother with the legs when in a hurry or in an Aire for the night, but if on a campsite with all the normal outside stuff set up I think it will be useful. :)

8. Judge Mental

its a great solution to a problem we have had for years. love the grill, only carry one table so this seems ideal...legs ordered :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny Funster

I'll make sure they're dispatched asap :sneaky:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Judge Mental