Leftovers

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by Loujess, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

Oh well. Just made 3 turkey, bacon and pea pies. Yes I know 'pea' sounds a bit odd but it looks nice and adds healthy bulk. That's enough to feed 9 and still have lots of turkey in the freezer to take on trips for stir frys and so on. The bacon was a pack of offcuts so all very economical. I might sound like a domestic goddess but didn't even look like Nigella 20 years ago. Who cares? Not me. :BigGrin::Smile::BigGrin::Smile:

2. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Sounds good to me...have got some trotters bubling away for dinner yumyum.:BigGrin: Whats more they are not the healthy option ones either.

3. cookingfat

cookingfat Read Only Funster

curry today, dogs are desperate to have the carcass.

4. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

lucky dogs got our leftover turkey....2/3rds of it.

Shirl put it back in the oven, for safe keeping from the dogs ironically, on Xmas day and forgot about it.

i said it would be OK as our kitchen is colder than the fridge but she wouldn't have it yet she's quite happy to eat the beef thats been in the fridge for 5 days !

5. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

Talking about dogs, ours, Ellie (a cavalier), cast-iron belly. Her daughter, Phoebe, can't eat rich food. Our sons dog, Sophie, a wee Jack Russell, also has a delicate belly. Is it all in the owner's mind? I suppose not when they are up in the night letting the dogs out to pooh but good old Ellie just keeps trogging on but has to go short when the other dogs are around. Never mind - I suppose it helps her waisteline.
    Ivy

6. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

not a good idea, dogs should never have cooked, chicken, turkey or duck bones they are too brittle and razor sharp.
    It is very dangerous for them.:Eeek::Eeek:

7. Cupcake

Cupcake Read Only Funster

I thought i'd cut down on xmas food this year but still got some leftovers. We have no four legged friends to eat the leftovers in our house so the wild birds have been the happy recipients of our leftovers including 'Phil' the phesant who inhabits the garden this time every year......not sure it's the same 'Phil' that turns up every year tho!

Deborah

8. Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

lefted overs thats how i got the wife she was lefted over:Doh: