left handers only no interest to right handers (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
just received me email from left handers club

thought fellow left handers and parents of l/handers
may find this link a usefull read or smile whatever

Broken Link Removed

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
got a bit bored reading some of the drivel some members had posted....

I am a left hooked but never suffer any of the problems these whingers appear to suffer.

I use cutlery the correct way round, shake hands with my right hand, never put a belt on backwards, never pick up the wrong glass/bread roll at a table, never turn a key/tap the wrong way etc.
Sounds to me more like a mental/psycological issue than a left handed quirk..

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
My wife and I are right handed but my 2 daughters are left handed. I am ambidexterous and Both my wife and I are of an age that our parents,if they were left handed would have been forced to use their right hand by having the left hand either tied behind their back or hit with the cane if they used it.If that is not the reason than it couldn't be the milkman,he was gay!:roflmto:
The only issues is when they lay out the cutlery it is reversed yet they have the knife and fork in the correct hands. Additionally scissors could have been a problem but they use right handed ones.
Maybe the people on the forums are trying to get special recognition for their 'condition'?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
tofo
Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
got a bit bored reading some of the drivel some members had posted....

I am a left hooked but never suffer any of the problems these whingers appear to suffer.

I use cutlery the correct way round, shake hands with my right hand, never put a belt on backwards, never pick up the wrong glass/bread roll at a table, never turn a key/tap the wrong way etc.
Sounds to me more like a mental/psycological issue than a left handed quirk..

I use cutlery in right handed fashion as does my wife and son
All three of us being left handed

But my daughter who is right handed uses cutlery left handed
She always insists it was growing up she thought
it was correct to use it that way just to be different from us left handers

I also end up with a buckle upside down
Offer the wrong hand to shake if I don't think first

I always wedge bread when cutting it
Owing to the right bias of a bread knife

I also find it easier to read a post with a Center justification or right handed
But post left justified as most prefer it :thumb:

Edit My son when at infant primary school
Used to mirror right
If you held his righting to a mirror it was legible

Last edited:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
No doubt someone will be posting soon to say how much they hate lefthanders and all they do and they should not have the same rights as everyone else:Doh:

sorry but the stupidity of a recent post has made me grumpy:imoutahere:

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
I`m left handed and when i first started school at 5 years of age the teachers used to tie my left hand by my side to make me use my right ,even when i went to the loo it was still tied up .Not a happy time for me lol.:cry: Fortunately with slum clearance we moved 8 months later and i started a new school where i was allowed to write with my left ,Today i write with either:Smile:.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I am ambidextrous.. I use most tools with my left hand but come from an age when it was considered rude to writ ewith your left hand so was forced to use my right.. That eventually led me to be able to use both hands with equal dexterity ( oddly, apart from writing ! )

And while I agree with some of the things said on that page, I am now struck by how many incredibly clumsy and quite frankly stupid people are left handed too !!! :RollEyes: :Eeek::ROFLMAO:

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Being left handed, like most, I've adapted where things are generally adapted for right handed use.
I do use cutlery 'reversed', using the knife in my left hand, and have had the upside down belt occurrence.

I think the only time I've complained was using a credit card machine when buying fuel. They had the machine fastened down at the extreme left of the counter, making it awkward for me to punch the numbers in.

Even Microsoft built in the ability to reverse the buttons on a computer mouse!

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
my first introduction to violence was my first day at school by a teacher who thought it was a good idea to hit the back of my left hand with the sharp edge of a 3 foot ruler for me writing left handed,this went on for a week until my mother noticed the redness and swelling on my hand:Sad:
then the teacher was introduced to the violence of a mother who's son she had wounded,the teacher NEVER done it again.
both myself and my wife are left handed,but both our children are right handed.
like most left-handers i have learned to adapt,i play golf(badly) right-handed,i shoot from the left shoulder,play all bat and ball games left handed,eat right handed,and always get my left and rights mixed up:Doh:

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Hand-writing is my worst problem as a left-hander.
Other than that I use my cutlery much as a right-handed person, but at the table always use a wine glass in my left hand and scissors can be a problem sometimes
So some things get a bit confusing.

I console myself in the knowledge that . . . .

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body then only left-handed people are in their right minds :Doh: :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
tofo
Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
yes you certainly have to learn to adapt
to being left handed

my wife suffered a teacher bully
at school making her use the right hand (failed)

i find using a pencil when hand writing is
a lot better than with a pen but life requires ink

i was the last in the class to go from pencil
to dip in the ink pen:Eeek:

what with dripping ink on the page
and rubbing out that which i had just written
it caused some mirth
when you were the example to beat

clumsiness is part of being left handed
in a right handed world:Blush::Doh:

i think left handers view things differantly
when i look at a good painting or photo
created by a right hander the focal point is to the left

when a painting or photo is created by a left hander
its focal point is to the right generally

Deckard

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
...looking
Exp
Noob
Like the other lefties here I was harried by teachers and i ended being able to write backwards with my left and forwards with my right......

I now only write with my left....forwards!

I use scissors in my right hand, mouse in my right - but reversed buttons (just feels better????), i use cutlery as a righty as i was forced from a young age I guess...

I can use tools in both hands such as saws or spanners, screwdrivers etc....

I played guitar like a righty....

I used to wear my watch on my right arm, but got used to it on the left as the constant p*ss taking at school was too much...

I cant think of any obstacles it causes really, though i guess it does, but i just improvise and move on - maybe I should keep a track???

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
There used to be a shop in Ironbridge for us lefties, they had some useful stuff in there: left handed scissors, left handed rulers, left handed tape measures and even left handed checquebooks but I never quite understood the left handed clock that had the numbers in anti clock sequence and the hands went anti clock. I always felt like shouting at the eejits running the place " I'M LEFT HANDED NOT BACKWARDS YOU MORONS!"

Yes I had the teachers insisting I write with my right hand in infants and junior schools but I resisted, probably what made me such an "ornery git!::bigsmile:

D.

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Left handed

As a left hooker myself, the only issues I have ever had were not caused by tin openers, scissors or anything like that, but the humble cheque book. Once the book was half way through, the stubs were sort of in the way. I had a left handed cheque book that was useful but nowadays, with a different bank these are not available, but I rarely use cheques, so not a crisis.

Russell

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
As a left hooker myself, the only issues I have ever had were not caused by tin openers, scissors or anything like that, but the humble cheque book. Once the book was half way through, the stubs were sort of in the way. I had a left handed cheque book that was useful but nowadays, with a different bank these are not available, but I rarely use cheques, so not a crisis.

Russell

I hear ya mate, cheque books are a pain in the left hand, I still have to use cheques to pay entry fees for motorsport meets. Scissors are just awkward rather than a major problem. Left handed tape measures and rulers could be useful but being over 50 I've kind of got used to using right handed tools. Odd as it might seem using a hammer that is normally used by a right hander is awkward, all my hammers are definitely left handed:winky: I reckon hand saws take on the bias of their owners in this respect too.

I'm profoundly left handed, left footed, left eyed (many of the best photographers have been left eyed yet cameras are built for right eyed people) and I used to be left ear dominant too but in the last few years my hearing has deterioratedd more in my left ear than my right. But I hold my knife and fork right handed. The only technical thing I could ever do succesfully with my right hand is welding, MIG and arc alike.

D.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
50% of the World's population was/is born Perfect;

The rest are born Right handed:RollEyes:

The Left side of the Brain controls the right side of the Body YEH?

The right side of the brain, controls the left side of the body YEH?

Ergo:ROFLMAO: Only left handers are in their right mind:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Pens ARE right handed:Sad:

Hold a Pen in your right hand, the writing on it you can read, hold it in your left, it's upside down:Sad:

Sep 5, 2008
York
Funster No
MH
C Class Bessacarr 769
Exp
Since July 2010
Don't know what I am. I write with my right hand. Play racquet sport with right hand. If I were to play golf or rounders I do it the left hand way. And I hold a pack of cards in my right hand and deal with the left.

Lin

Deckard

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
...looking
Exp
Noob
Don't know what I am. I write with my right hand. Play racquet sport with right hand. If I were to play golf or rounders I do it the left hand way. And I hold a pack of cards in my right hand and deal with the left.

Lin

unique :roflmto:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
About the only special left handed tools I own are left handed tin snips I managed to get from Snap-on

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
My wife and I are right handed but my 2 daughters are left handed. I am ambidexterous and Both my wife and I are of an age that our parents,if they were left handed would have been forced to use their right hand by having the left hand either tied behind their back or hit with the cane if they used it.If that is not the reason than it couldn't be the milkman,he was gay!:roflmto:
The only issues is when they lay out the cutlery it is reversed yet they have the knife and fork in the correct hands. Additionally scissors could have been a problem but they use right handed ones.
Maybe the people on the forums are trying to get special recognition for their 'condition'?

I'm ambidexterous too. :Eeek:

Can't do anything with either hand!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
We recently came across a problem with my left handed grandson. We bought a new can opener and the first time he used it it fell apart so we returned it to the shop saying it was faulty. It was duly replaced, next time he used it it fell apart again! we then realised that he was turning it anticlockwise which was undoing the screw! turning clockwise solved the problem. Never had the problem with the old one!!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
This thread reminded me of an interesting program on TV about Leonardo da Vinci...

apparently left handed, wrote right to left in mirror writing, which has led some to conclude he was also dyslectic..

Some historians have suggested that da Vinci's left-handedness added to his genius, because it forced him to think and see in an extraordinary way. (If so, he wasn't alone: fellow left-handers include rival Renaissance titans Michelangelo and Raphael.)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back