left handers only no interest to right handers

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by tofo, May 21, 2013.

1. tofo

tofo Funster

• Like Like x 1
  2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

got a bit bored reading some of the drivel some members had posted....

I am a left hooked but never suffer any of the problems these whingers appear to suffer.

I use cutlery the correct way round, shake hands with my right hand, never put a belt on backwards, never pick up the wrong glass/bread roll at a table, never turn a key/tap the wrong way etc.
    Sounds to me more like a mental/psycological issue than a left handed quirk..

• Like Like x 6
  3. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

My wife and I are right handed but my 2 daughters are left handed. I am ambidexterous and Both my wife and I are of an age that our parents,if they were left handed would have been forced to use their right hand by having the left hand either tied behind their back or hit with the cane if they used it.If that is not the reason than it couldn't be the milkman,he was gay!:Laughing:
    The only issues is when they lay out the cutlery it is reversed yet they have the knife and fork in the correct hands. Additionally scissors could have been a problem but they use right handed ones.
    Maybe the people on the forums are trying to get special recognition for their 'condition'?

• Like Like x 1
  4. tofo

tofo Funster

I use cutlery in right handed fashion as does my wife and son
    All three of us being left handed

But my daughter who is right handed uses cutlery left handed
    She always insists it was growing up she thought
    it was correct to use it that way just to be different from us left handers

I also end up with a buckle upside down
    Offer the wrong hand to shake if I don't think first

I always wedge bread when cutting it
    Owing to the right bias of a bread knife

I also find it easier to read a post with a Center justification or right handed
    But post left justified as most prefer it :thumb:

Edit My son when at infant primary school
    Used to mirror right
    If you held his righting to a mirror it was legible

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  5. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

No doubt someone will be posting soon to say how much they hate lefthanders and all they do and they should not have the same rights as everyone else:Doh:

sorry but the stupidity of a recent post has made me grumpy:imoutahere:

• Like Like x 1
  6. treetops1

treetops1 Funster

I`m left handed and when i first started school at 5 years of age the teachers used to tie my left hand by my side to make me use my right ,even when i went to the loo it was still tied up .Not a happy time for me lol.:cry: Fortunately with slum clearance we moved 8 months later and i started a new school where i was allowed to write with my left ,Today i write with either:Smile:.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

I am ambidextrous.. I use most tools with my left hand but come from an age when it was considered rude to writ ewith your left hand so was forced to use my right.. That eventually led me to be able to use both hands with equal dexterity ( oddly, apart from writing ! )

And while I agree with some of the things said on that page, I am now struck by how many incredibly clumsy and quite frankly stupid people are left handed too !!! :RollEyes: :Eeek::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Detnor

Detnor Funster

Being left handed, like most, I've adapted where things are generally adapted for right handed use.
    I do use cutlery 'reversed', using the knife in my left hand, and have had the upside down belt occurrence.

I think the only time I've complained was using a credit card machine when buying fuel. They had the machine fastened down at the extreme left of the counter, making it awkward for me to punch the numbers in.

Even Microsoft built in the ability to reverse the buttons on a computer mouse!

• Like Like x 1
  9. joner8888

joner8888 Read Only Funster

Some of us need both hands

• Like Like x 2
  10. CHRI$

CHRI$ Funster

my first introduction to violence was my first day at school by a teacher who thought it was a good idea to hit the back of my left hand with the sharp edge of a 3 foot ruler for me writing left handed,this went on for a week until my mother noticed the redness and swelling on my hand:Sad:
    then the teacher was introduced to the violence of a mother who's son she had wounded,the teacher NEVER done it again.
    both myself and my wife are left handed,but both our children are right handed.
    like most left-handers i have learned to adapt,i play golf(badly) right-handed,i shoot from the left shoulder,play all bat and ball games left handed,eat right handed,and always get my left and rights mixed up:Doh:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Scattycat

Scattycat Funster

Hand-writing is my worst problem as a left-hander.
    Other than that I use my cutlery much as a right-handed person, but at the table always use a wine glass in my left hand and scissors can be a problem sometimes
    So some things get a bit confusing.

I console myself in the knowledge that . . . .

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body then only left-handed people are in their right minds :Doh: :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 2
  12. tofo

tofo Funster

yes you certainly have to learn to adapt
    to being left handed

my wife suffered a teacher bully
    at school making her use the right hand (failed)

i find using a pencil when hand writing is
    a lot better than with a pen but life requires ink

i was the last in the class to go from pencil
    to dip in the ink pen:Eeek:

what with dripping ink on the page
    and rubbing out that which i had just written
    it caused some mirth
    when you were the example to beat

clumsiness is part of being left handed
    in a right handed world:Blush::Doh:

i think left handers view things differantly
    when i look at a good painting or photo
    created by a right hander the focal point is to the left

when a painting or photo is created by a left hander
    its focal point is to the right generally

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Deckard

Deckard Read Only Funster

Like the other lefties here I was harried by teachers and i ended being able to write backwards with my left and forwards with my right......

I now only write with my left....forwards!

I use scissors in my right hand, mouse in my right - but reversed buttons (just feels better????), i use cutlery as a righty as i was forced from a young age I guess...

I can use tools in both hands such as saws or spanners, screwdrivers etc....

I played guitar like a righty....

I used to wear my watch on my right arm, but got used to it on the left as the constant p*ss taking at school was too much...

I cant think of any obstacles it causes really, though i guess it does, but i just improvise and move on - maybe I should keep a track???

• Like Like x 1
  14. ROB1CHELSEA1

ROB1CHELSEA1 Funster

I'm left handed & left footed but can throw a ball further than most with my right hand:Eeek:

• Like Like x 1
  15. dave newell lvs

dave newell lvs Trader-Vehicle Services

There used to be a shop in Ironbridge for us lefties, they had some useful stuff in there: left handed scissors, left handed rulers, left handed tape measures and even left handed checquebooks but I never quite understood the left handed clock that had the numbers in anti clock sequence and the hands went anti clock. I always felt like shouting at the eejits running the place " I'M LEFT HANDED NOT BACKWARDS YOU MORONS!"

Yes I had the teachers insisting I write with my right hand in infants and junior schools but I resisted, probably what made me such an "ornery git!:BigGrin:

D.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Rapide561

Rapide561 Read Only Funster

Left handed

As a left hooker myself, the only issues I have ever had were not caused by tin openers, scissors or anything like that, but the humble cheque book. Once the book was half way through, the stubs were sort of in the way. I had a left handed cheque book that was useful but nowadays, with a different bank these are not available, but I rarely use cheques, so not a crisis.

Russell

• Like Like x 2
  17. dave newell lvs

dave newell lvs Trader-Vehicle Services

I hear ya mate, cheque books are a pain in the left hand, I still have to use cheques to pay entry fees for motorsport meets. Scissors are just awkward rather than a major problem. Left handed tape measures and rulers could be useful but being over 50 I've kind of got used to using right handed tools. Odd as it might seem using a hammer that is normally used by a right hander is awkward, all my hammers are definitely left handed:Wink: I reckon hand saws take on the bias of their owners in this respect too.

I'm profoundly left handed, left footed, left eyed (many of the best photographers have been left eyed yet cameras are built for right eyed people) and I used to be left ear dominant too but in the last few years my hearing has deterioratedd more in my left ear than my right. But I hold my knife and fork right handed. The only technical thing I could ever do succesfully with my right hand is welding, MIG and arc alike.

D.

• Like Like x 1
  18. rangitira

rangitira Funster

50% of the World's population was/is born Perfect;

The rest are born Right handed:RollEyes:

The Left side of the Brain controls the right side of the Body YEH?

The right side of the brain, controls the left side of the body YEH?

Ergo:Rofl1: Only left handers are in their right mind:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 3
  19. rangitira

rangitira Funster

Pens ARE right handed:Sad:

Hold a Pen in your right hand, the writing on it you can read, hold it in your left, it's upside down:Sad:

• Like Like x 2
  20. lindylou

lindylou Funster

Don't know what I am. I write with my right hand. Play racquet sport with right hand. If I were to play golf or rounders I do it the left hand way. And I hold a pack of cards in my right hand and deal with the left.

Lin

• Like Like x 1