Lee Valley Campsites - help please (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
We are taking our 3 year old grandaughter away for her first weekend camping trip in the motorhome on 8th April on :)
We don't want to go too far so thought we might go to Lee Valley but having looked I see there are 3 camping sites there. Has anyone any recommendation on which one would be best?
We have to occupy her Friday afternoon until Sunday evening so thought we could go ice skating and visit the farm park as well as do a bit of cycling and short walks. Bearing in mind we have a large (7.5mt) motorhome we would not be able to use it to get to many places.
Would have liked to take her to a campsite with an indoor pool and perhaps some entertainment in the evenings but can't find anything in this area.
Another option was to stay near bedgebury forest but can't seem to find a suitable campsite near there either?

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
If you want a pool Pentney Park site near Kings Lynn has a nice heated indoor pool attached for a small extra cost. There is also a sauna and hot tub.
Lea Valley (sewardstone rd) is fine if you want to get public transport into London.

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
thanks but need something within a couple of hours from Basildon.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Dobbs weir isnt in the LEZ nice site gets busy on the river and some nice walks and cycle paths,Just outside Harlow

Reactions: GJH
OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
we are LEZ compliant - thanks for the info so far

Reactions: GJH

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
@jaygee If it's any help, I've stayed at the Dobbs Weir part of Lee Valley. Didn't appear to be much for a 3 yr old. Nice canal walks and lock gates if the granddaughter like to watch boats. Make sure you have a tight hold on her though!

No problem with 7.5m MH. (Mine is 7.2) There's plenty of space.

Have a look at their comprehensive website to see if you fancy any of their other Lee Valley sites.

In my experience of young grandkids, they would rather drop stones in the water, climb small trees and sit in the driver's seat than do anything exotic! Just space to run about and explore is often enough. Granddad's ice cream or sweets goes down a bomb too! Anyway, the fresh air will knock her out and she'll sleep like the proverbial.

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
I've used the campsite near the athletic track for the ride London cycling a couple of times. Maybe me but it served a purpose. Just. I wouldn't cycle with a child from there and wouldn't say there was much to walk to either our van is 7.3m. Hope you find somewhere

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back