LED's

Discussion in 'Rapido' started by ShiftZZ, Feb 9, 2012.

1. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

We have a Rapido 786F, I was wondering if any other Rapido owners have changed to LED's and which ones have they ordered...

2. laneside

laneside Funster

Oi Dave use your search facility and go onto ebay

What costs pounds in Blighty are pennies from Hong Kong you may have to wait a wee while longer but it is worth it

I did all our last motorhome and believe me its worth it

• Like Like x 2
  3. CHRI$

CHRI$ Funster

LED's:thumb:fit anything:thumb:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cyclewalkbob

Cyclewalkbob Funster

Hi GJH, I an thinking of replacing my original lights to LED's.

Can you tell me the colour range of the lights you prefer, i cannot see which colour they are on the website page. I am thinking soft white is nearer to normal the normal bulbs.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

cheers

Bob

• Like Like x 1
  6. spongy

spongy Read Only Funster

Hi ShiftZZ
    I replaced all the bulbs in my rapido last year with led,s. I can now have all my lights on and it does,nt even register 1amp. I bought mine from
    wwwatenlighting.co.uk were not cheap about £7.00 each if I remember but good quality and good service.

spongy

• Like Like x 1
  7. WillH

WillH Funster

Hi ShiftZZ

I replaced the fluorescent in my bathroom with an LED strip last year, cheaper than a replacement fitting ( the inverter had blown). Just ordered 5m of LED tape to do the kitchen and lounge overhead lights as one of them has blown. £12.95 from ebay. I'll post on how I get on cutting the tape and fitting it. The spots are next to go.

Rgds
    Bill

• Like Like x 1
  8. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I think both types of bulb come in Cool White and Warm White but the ones with the flatter LEDs (rather then the bumpy ones) are newer technology so give more light.

Cool v Warm is a matter of personal preference. The Warm White are closer to normal bulbs. If anyone is unsure the best thing to do is have a look at the displays which suppliers have at shows, where Cool and Warm can be compared. We bought Cool White because we prefer them for reading.

I used eBay for my post as it was easy to find examples of both types to reference but we bought bulbs for our Autoquest and, just this week, for the Burstner from Aten Lighting as mentioned by Spongy. As Laneside said, buying from HK is a lot cheaper but I wanted 4 bulbs before we go away next week so ordered from Aten on Tuesday and they were delivered today. The other point is that some HK suppliers might be better than others so it would be useful to have feedback about a particular supplier before spending the pension :Smile:

9. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Got mine from Aten, a couple of years ago, still going strong and will run on anything from 8v to 30v.
    I have a mix of warm and cool white as the cool white appear brighter while the warm white are more a mood type.
    I have cool white in the washroom, over the hob and the roof lights in the lounge area. The under locker lights in the lounge area are warm white as are the roof lights in the bedroom. Bed reading lights are cool white cos I like a bright light for reading in bed.

• Like Like x 1
  10. WillH

WillH Funster

As promised, I said I would post after I had fitted the LED tape. It arrived yesterday (two days delivery) on a reel.

After dismantling the fitting over the cooker/kitchen I discovered the usual. the inverter had burnt out ( safety issue?) and it had scorched the plastic diffuser a little. The original fitting was only about 60cm. long so I measured up and found that I could fit two runs of tape each 1 metre long in its place. This has provided as much light as previously and over a greater range. Cutting the tape is very straightforward, soldering tails on is very fiddly as I don't have a fine soldering iron but I managed fairly well.

Next were the lights on either side of the Seitz rooflight. After figuring out how to get the diffusers off I removed the fitting and stripped out the 8 watt fluorescent fittings. They have now been replaced with 3 strips of LED tape totaling 70 cm. for each fitting, much more light than before.

I ordered cool white tape but it is available in warm white, my idea was to provided a good working light. Next to change are the M16 spots.

Rgds
    Bill

11. ShiftZZ

On Friday 15:36 I ordered G4 24 SMD LED Marine Camper Bulb Lamp 12V Warm White Light.

They arrived Saturday Morning... :thumb:

Will install them on the weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ShiftZZ

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/White-Light-12Volt-KING-FLASH/dp/B00662OUSO[/ame]

Any good?

13. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Hi Dave, I used to think LED were a waste of money as I always had a good solar and battery bank on the RV. When we got the European van I decided to bite the bullet and changed everything to LED including the outside porch light. What a difference its made, we leave lights on instead of running around switching them off now. The outside porch light can be left on all night which is a good security issue. As you are probably aware we never use electric hookups and we now never have battery issues. Money well spent.

• Like Like x 2
  14. wizzer59

wizzer59 Funster

15. ShiftZZ

Am I missing something....

Just bought and had delivered 5 of these

[​IMG]

£1.95 delivered, there are some online shops selling them for £6 to £8 each...

Can there be any difference?

16. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Yep The difference is 4 to 6 quid:Wink:

17. wizzer59

wizzer59 Funster

• Like Like x 1
  18. patyogi

patyogi Read Only Funster

Hi. Try website 'Simply LED's ' based in Milton Keynes, kitted out my van with the 12v for reading and we are really pleased with the result, so is the leisure battery.

They have a good selection of mains, 240v and 12v, quick delivery and free postage.

19. ShiftZZ

G4 High Power LED (12 piece SMD 5050, 150 Lumens, 15 watts equiv.) £7.99 EACH!

I paid less than £2.00 each!

20. patyogi

patyogi Read Only Funster

stricken

I was done, where did you get yours from.:cry: