LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
While at Stratford we changed all our Halogen bulbs for LED's. Tried a couple of warm ones and ended up changing them all. The power saving is tremendous. Thanks to Bryan and Graham for the advice.

Now waiting for Pickering to get Mark from C.L.S. to fit us a solar panel. Thinking of either a 130 or two 80's Just waiting for prices from Mark. ::bigsmile:

Last edited:

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Your very welcome, and it was good to meet you and Steph.

I'm still leaning towards a solar panel or two myself :winky:

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
While at Stratford we changed all our Halogen bulbs for LED's. Tried a couple of warm ones and ended up changing them all. The power saving is tremendous. Thanks to Bryan and Graham for the advice.

Now waiting for Pickering to get Mark from C.L.S. to fit us a solar panel. Thinking of either a 130 or two 80's Just waiting for prices from Mark. ::bigsmile:

Are they as warm looking as the normal bulbs?

Boo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Ho Boo yes they are very similar in appearance ,the secret if there is one is to install them and stop looking at them:Doh:
The cold white are good for reading or above work surfaces
Geo

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The warm ones do look warm next to a cold LED but next to a regular bulb its still quite cold. Like GEO says, replace them and you soon get used to the light. We have bright ones over the kitchen work surfaces, and warm over the sofa and dinette. Sians bedside light is warm but i have a white one as reading is hard these days in anything but bright light. :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The warm ones do look warm next to a cold LED but next to a regular bulb its still quite cold. Like GEO says, replace them and you soon get used to the light. We have bright ones over the kitchen work surfaces, and warm over the sofa and dinette. Sians bedside light is warm but i have a white one as reading is hard these days in anything but bright light. :Cool:

Huh!!!! arent you posh......bedside lights indeed::bigsmile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Pleasure to help Ken.

Warm white or cool white is very much a matter of preference.

We still have a fluorescent tube above the cooker and a couple of Crown fluorescents on the ceiling but didn't need to use them at Stratford as the LEDs in the eyeball fittings gave plenty of light.

Of course, it does help having a small (but perfectly formed) van and not an American cavern :roflmto:

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

weejohnw

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
To see or not to see?

Hi Folks,
after reading some comments on MHF a few months back about LED lights, I bought a few to try. Switched these on and the amp needle hardly moved, switched on two halogens, needle dropped. So bit the bullit on the cost issue and now have LEDs throughout. They are great and light output is not just as bright but perfectly adequate.
Highly recommended. Tried several sites and ended up buying from justcampers.
Regards, Weejohn
::bigsmile:

The Wild Ones

Free Member
Jan 4, 2009
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Fledgelings
While at Stratford we changed all our Halogen bulbs for LED's. Tried a couple of warm ones and ended up changing them all.

Spooky we did exactly the same thing. We originally thought about keeping half existing Halogen and replacing the other half with LED's. To cover all bases so to speak, we were so impressed with the LED's however we changed the lot.

Have yet to install all of them, but as you say the power saving is immense. Going by the demo of a 20W halogen to a 1.1W LED our lighting consumption should drop from 260w total to just 15.6W!! thats a staggering 94% saving!

I am hoping to install my modest 43W solar panel shortly, I am in the process of designing a bracket that will enable me to mount it off the existing bike rack, as it only weighs a few kilo's. :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back