ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi a friend of mine has just come back from the USA and brought me some Led marker lights.

I fitted the fronts and sides this evening and I am very pleased with the results:thumb:

Link Removed

Link Removed

Regards Pat

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi a friend of mine has just come back from the USA and brought me some Led marker lights.

I fitted the fronts and sides this evening and I am very pleased with the results:thumb:

Regards Pat

Aaaah So THAT'S what you've been up to Eh Pat?

Been thinking of getting some myself.Look Great and got to be better than incandescent filament types.:thumb:

S

stagman

Deleted User

Link Removed

Link Removed

Regards Pat

Is it legal to have orange marker lights on the front,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Apparently so.

Can only be red to the rear.

Mine was fitted orange and is ok on the MOT.:Eeek:She is an old girl though.::bigsmile:

I seem to remember Geo address this question not so long ago.

OP
OP
ruffingitsmoothly

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Is it legal to have orange marker lights on the front,

Well all I can say is that all of my past RV's (6) have all had orange marker lights on the front and sides and I have never been stopped and all have sailed through the MOT every year, they all did have white sidelights next to the headlights aswell though!:Tongue1:

Mind you I understand that flashing Led lights on bicycles are illegal too, but I know that when out on my bike I prefer to be seen rather than dead!!!!

Regards Pat

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Are the seals good on them? I have found water ingress is a real pain. Mine are now completely sealed at the moment, so its a difficult job to remove if a bulb goes. LED lights would probably outlive me so they could be be really well sealed and forgotten.

How much did they cost?

OP
OP
ruffingitsmoothly

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Are the seals good on them? I have found water ingress is a real pain. Mine are now completely sealed at the moment, so its a difficult job to remove if a bulb goes. LED lights would probably outlive me so they could be be really well sealed and forgotten.

How much did they cost?

Hi Jim not sure how much they cost as he brought back some other stuff too! But for 12 Led marker lights (5 red, 7 amber) two Monaco badges one large and one small (as in pic) and a sewer hose coupling he charged me £90.

I know that the small Monaco badge would have cost me nearly half that over here!!!

The lens has a really good seal and I have sealed them on the back and the screws but the backing does have holes near the bottom corners I have left them! Do you think I should seal them?

Link Removed

Link Removed

Regards Pat.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
:roflmto: No. That's to let the water out. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

doh.jpg

:RollEyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun

How much did they cost?

I am replacing my front roof one for this reason (well done stateside for speedy delivery)

Pat will you be "Pimping your ride anymore mate":winky::roflmto::roflmto:

Last edited:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I am replacing my front roof one for this reason (well done stateside for speedy delivery)

Pat will you be "Pimping your ride anymore mate":winky::roflmto::roflmto:

Looking to replace all of mine provided I can find something very similar to the originals in the States.:thumb:

OP
OP
ruffingitsmoothly

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Well finally fitted the rear ones this evening:thumb: but what a work up the old one were completely sealed with silicone so had to cut that and clean off remaider once I had removed old lights. Then the lights' mounting screws rotten with rust on two of them so much so that the heads were vitually gone so had to break the old backings and remove screws with molegrips, one of the lights had water in it!! But they were all working ok:Confused::Confused:

It took over 3 hours to fit 5 lights but worth it I think:thumb::thumb:

Link Removed

Now for the next job!!!

Regards Pat

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Well finally fitted the rear ones this evening:thumb: but what a work up the old one were completely sealed with silicone so had to cut that and clean off remaider once I had removed old lights. Then the lights' mounting screws rotten with rust on two of them so much so that the heads were vitually gone so had to break the old backings and remove screws with molegrips, one of the lights had water in it!! But they were all working ok:Confused::Confused:

It took over 3 hours to fit 5 lights but worth it I think:thumb::thumb:

Now for the next job!!!

Regards Pat

Well I reckon it looks Good.:thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I love driving the RV at night although my headlamps are appalling:Doh:but hate arriving at site at night:RollEyes:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I love driving the RV at night although my headlamps are appalling:Doh:but hate arriving at site at night:RollEyes:

Funnily enough I love driving at night in the rain.Something relaxing about being in the dry.Love the sound of the rain on the RV at night .....as long as it's not coming through the roof.:Doh::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back