LED lights

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Baycott, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Baycott

Baycott Funster

2. WillH

WillH Funster

They are 12v so you should not need any modifications as your lighting system is already 12v.

Rgds
    Bill

3. buckby

buckby

Those look the same as mine in the autotrail they don't look like they need a driver they will be simple plug in replacements

4. Ed Excel

Ed Excel Funster

You should only need a driver if your supply voltage is higher than the lamp voltage eg 240/12V.

If you're going to use them for general lighting, the link you posted shows 'white' lamps, I would go for something a bit nearer tungsten, usually referred to as 'warm white'. I've used 'white' in the shower/toilet to good effect. The ones you linked are 6000k CCT, you need something nearer to 4000k for warmer appearance.

5. Moodybrook

Moodybrook Funster

I have tried something similar as a replacement to my halogen spotlights but those aren't bright enough, I think you need 2.4, 2.5 W or 160/170 Lm (Lumens). However I can't find them cheaper than nearly £6 a pop !

Or does someone know different !!

6. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

some LED lights need a stable voltage, so wire in a voltage regulator before the bulb for a steady 12v

other bulbs are happy to operate between 11 and 14v but constant variations will shorten their working life. no problem if the led bulbs can be bought for £1 or £2 each. MR11 bulbs cost a bit more but will normally tolerate a slightly variable voltage

regulators look like this
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-VOLT-R...3369775?pt=UK_Light_Bulbs&hash=item417b69412f

7. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi you can do a straight swap for them :thumb: Day white or warm white are nearest to what you have -cool white is duller :Wink: do a search you can get them for a quid each :thumb::BigGrin: I bought a couple for spares and after two yrs still have them
    terry