LED lamp advice please

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Houghta, May 6, 2013.

1. Houghta

Houghta

Hi there,
    I own a 2012 elddis autoquest 145 the main living quarters lights are LED but the spot lights around the sides are halogen, does anyone know if I can get retrofit LED lamps to replace them? How much they are? And where to to get them from

Thanks

2. cmcardle75

cmcardle75 Read Only Funster

Yes. All halogen spots can, and should, be replaced by LEDs. They can be found anywhere selling a reasonable range of LED lightbulbs. You just need to find out what type they are (i.e. MR16/MR11/G4 etc.). G4 can be a bit more hit and miss, but the MR types usually just fit.

Replacements using 5050 SMD modules are a good choice. 3W are good for most motorhome applications. Match the colour temperature with those you've already got. Warm white is a lot less harsh, although some prefer pure white for reading or because they think it looks more modern.

3. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

Ultra LEDs http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/

4. Terry

Terry Funster

hi once you know the size/type,have a search on ebay :thumb:AROUND 2 QUID EACH inc p &p from china :Smile:At that price you can get a couple of spares :BigGrin: USUALLY WITH YOU WITHIN 2 WEEKS but I have had packages in under 48 hrs :Eeek::Eeek::BigGrin:faster than the post in UK
    terry

5. SomeoneElse

SomeoneElse Funster

Hi,

I successfully replaced the one in my Autoquest 120 with these:
    http://www.ledhut.co.uk/spot-lights/mr11-led-bulbs/mr11-279.html?options=cart